Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821172 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5685 on: April 25, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »
Next thing u kno, Juste looks like a mummy and richter is in love with child Maria!
I'll pretend I didn't read that, thank you very much.
In all seriousness though, I don't think even MercurySteam would go for pedophilia just to be "different".
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #5686 on: April 25, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
+1
can anyone provide me with a hi-res version of this artwork, particularly without all the tags & text?

Um... I might have that on my other computer.  I'll poke around later tonight for it. Edit: short search on Google turned this up:
http://glitchcat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/CMOF.jpg
But I'll have to look and see if the version on my computer is better.
Edit: Well, there's this, but it still has the text:
http://www.narutoforums.com/picture.php?albumid=1581&pictureid=70544
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:48:57 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #5687 on: April 26, 2013, 05:25:26 AM »
I'll pretend I didn't read that, thank you very much.
In all seriousness though, I don't think even MercurySteam would go for pedophilia just to be "different".
It wasn't a jab at MS, i was just saying that they are capable of making whatever "plot twists" they see fit. That was just the first scenario i could come up with given those characters. Now pedophilia didn't cross my mind, i imagined them being around the same age a la Johnathan and Charlotte. Entirely new story; characters of old given a fresh breath.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5688 on: April 27, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »
+1
It seems that a full walkthrough was uploaded a few days ago by Future Press and is supported by Konami for MoF.

From Konami
The portal, developed by Future Press, is accessible online and through the Nintendo 3DS Internet Browser by visiting future-press.com/mof providing fans with helpful tips, information, strategies, a map guide and much more.

Players are able to access the portal mid-game through the Nintendo 3DS Internet Browser, where they can search for skills, upgrades and more, and then resume gameplay. Alternatively, players can access a replica version of the Nintendo 3DS Game Guide from any normal browser. This version also features strategy videos linked from key parts of the guide, available only online.

Key features of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate strategy portal include:

•   Map Guide: Shows each area of the game. For a spoiler-free experience, players can select which parts are revealed by toggling through each of the available upgrades. Useful map notes with progression, puzzle, and battle advice are also available, providing players with an edge in every tricky situation.

•   Bestiary: Provides concise strategies and useful data for every enemy. Learn about their attacks, strengths and weaknesses.

•   Upgrades: Details the sub-weapons and magic for each character and explains how to use them efficiently.

•   Skills & Combos: Allows players to master every move at their disposal and suggests a handful of combos for different types of situations.

Players can also visit youtube.com/futurepress to view all videos featured throughout the guide by searching for the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate playlist.
source: http://www.gamerstemple.com/NewsPlus/NPViewArticle.asp?articleid=16971&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5689 on: April 27, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »
"Oh noes, how will I get myself out of this narrow corridor? I need a map"
-Said no one ever.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5690 on: April 27, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
+1
It seems that a full walkthrough was uploaded a few days ago by Future Press and is supported by Konami for MoF.
source: http://www.gamerstemple.com/NewsPlus/NPViewArticle.asp?articleid=16971&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is a joke right?

This game is so easy even on hard mode. -_-'
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5691 on: April 28, 2013, 03:04:45 AM »
+1
This is a joke right?

This game is so easy even on hard mode. -_-'

Nope not a joke. I first thought it was, but no, it is so legit.
I have no idea why people would need a tutorial for that easy game.....

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5692 on: April 28, 2013, 04:43:40 AM »
+1
This has been said often, but they think gamers are idiots.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5693 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »
+2
So apparently this game has a succubus boss that turns other girls into succubi.

it's just like I'm reading a super waffle fanfic

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5694 on: April 30, 2013, 02:16:22 AM »
+2
So apparently this game has a succubus boss that turns other girls into succubi.

it's just like I'm reading a super waffle fanfic

Maybe someone else has been reading your fanfics and decided to include it in a game.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #5695 on: April 30, 2013, 05:51:19 AM »
+1
I played this yesterday all of 10 mins. I absolutely agree with the difficulty or lack thereof. My friend wanted me help him with Necromancer  (pretty cool in this game). Since ive been on a CotM binge lately i immediately expected something way  more challenging. I'll admit all the zombies added to the tough factor and the new moves Nec got when that Belnades spirit got taken from Simon. I had no trouble at all and it was my first attempt. This makes me certain i will not buy a 3DS for this game. I'll be fine borrowing his once he's done and he can release me from my CotM bounds for a bit.
(click to show/hide)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5696 on: April 30, 2013, 06:17:13 AM »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Do it.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5697 on: April 30, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »
+3
This has been said often, but they think gamers are idiots.

They probably just look at DSP videos and came to a conclusion that we're all like him.

Hey Konami and all companies like you, WE. ARE. NOT. THIS. STUPID!

This is how you DON'T play MGS3.
( Warning , video is very long and may cause a brain aneurysm within the first 30 seconds. If you have history of medical problems, please consult a doctor before viewing.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:51:46 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5698 on: April 30, 2013, 07:14:43 AM »
+1
Ok, the problem was fixed.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:49:53 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #5699 on: May 01, 2013, 02:36:19 AM »
+1
They probably just look at DSP videos and came to a conclusion that we're all like him.

Hey Konami and all companies like you, WE. ARE. NOT. THIS. STUPID!

I got as far as the suppressor part about 23-25 minutes in before I completely lost it.  That was hilarious.  ;D
Edit: "Where's my shotgun?!" Omg... Omg, I'm laughing so hard my hands are shaking... XD
*After many edits*
The fight against the Boss was just painful and I couldn't bear to watch him ripping on the ending. All I can say is...
Red Dwarf - 'Smee hee'
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:44:01 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Tags: .....?