Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98283 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »
Most likely Gonna be the first of the 3 Castlevania 3DS Titles, and hopefully a Console/PC anniversary Title

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
I don't mind the direct where CV is going but another handheld title? Imo - no thanks: I am not ripping out $200 something dollars in which I don't have to play the latest title :( I may have to do what I did last time was buy a copy and then buy the actual console later in order to play it...

Oh - I had noticed one thing if anyone didn't: Anyone notice they are using the old CV logo set up from the GBA titles (HoD...etc.) for their booth? This could just be a model speculation of their booth and won't be the actual logo used; so this makes me slightly kinda wonder if IGA will be involved...

^-- Ignore this; my bad its for Silent Hill. :) Damn eyes fooled me again!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:46:56 PM by jestercolony »

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2011, 05:20:26 AM »
Are they going to have a press conference this year?.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Right now i'm not expecting something too big, but it'd still be nice if they showcased a new game that's related to the main timeline rather than LoS. Especially if it relates to the anniversary.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »
I was wondering how everyone would react if konami pulled something for Castlevania like they're doing with the MGS collection. Two HD ps2 games, Lament and Curse, and a PSP game, DXC. It's not exactly what I would want for an anniversary collection, but if that's what it came down to, I think I'd be ok with that. 

This seems to be a more common thing lately, which I actually like, just curious how everyone else feels
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
Isn't there usually a leak of screens or the title before a new game is announced?

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »
I was wondering how everyone would react if konami pulled something for Castlevania like they're doing with the MGS collection. Two HD ps2 games, Lament and Curse, and a PSP game, DXC. It's not exactly what I would want for an anniversary collection, but if that's what it came down to, I think I'd be ok with that. 

This seems to be a more common thing lately, which I actually like, just curious how everyone else feels
If its done well then maybe it'd catch my interest. But if they're just simple ports with graphical updates, i'll just stick to the ones i have now.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »

The problem with a Lament/Curse HD Collection is that the games weren't terribly popular or well-recieved. I don't think Konami is interested in anything of the sort.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »
As shelverton said LOI and COD are not that popular games. Besides there are not that good games in they own right. Certainly not MGS level.

And as for DXC - it will fit as anniversary title for the series much more than LOI and COD that quite removed from classic games.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »
HD LoI or CoD?
its called getting the latest PCSX2 emulator, poping your disk in and make an ISo of it with imgburn, Set the video settings to hires and 3x texture resolution.

enjoy your castlevania HD Ps2 titles.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »
So ZoE 3DS was possibly leaked/teased by Kojima.

Would Konami really showcase a new Castlevania game alongside ZOE?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2011, 07:26:48 AM »
24 hours until Hodespair and nothing else

:)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2011, 07:58:59 AM »
lol

well atleast affinity will be happy

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2011, 08:04:47 AM »
Well looks like TGS will be Konami's last chance of redemption.

Tags: