Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Beam me up!  (Read 7288 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »
In Reply To #14

I dunno what Star Trek you watched but you cant have a remake of Kirk without havin him pull some major ass.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 09:06:09 AM »
 ;D TICKETS! Showing a day early at my theatre 7PM! ;D

Gotta love Fandango.  Seems a midnight showing just wasn't good enough.  I think they want hardcore geeks like me to see it the night before, so we don't scare away the mainstream crowd over the weekend.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
I love being a projectionist at a theater, get to watch it a few days early and get to watch it for free!  :P
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 07:37:33 AM »
I have seen the new Star Trek.  It will live long and prosper.

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Re: Beam me up!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 08:07:24 AM »
In Reply To #19

Is it better than Wrath of Khan and First Contact?
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
In Reply To #20

The style feels a bit more personal like Wrath of Khan, but the scale is just incredible --much, much larger than anything Star Trek has ever done before.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Beam me up!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
The Oregonian gave it an "A-"

Stating:

"Just because the summer movie season has just started doesn't mean we can't believe the best summer movie has already arrived"

Wow. That's very strong confidence in the wording.  And this guy is usually right with his reviews.

Then again, he could just be a die-hard Trekkie.  You never know where those things are hiding xD

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 09:22:11 AM »
Well, I think it was a good movie. Not the absolute best, but I'm a bigger Picard fan than Kirk... in fact I'm not a fan of Kirk.

The movie was a good first watch, and it didn't seem like something I wouldn't watch again.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
I was never a Kirk fan or a Trek fan period. But this reboot to the series made a believer out of me. From thrilling start to awe-inspiring finish, this was a movie experience for the books. - Both times! ^_^

Basically, the best thing I can say about the new Trek is that J.J. Abrams did for Star Trek what Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay did for the first Transformers movie. They took a series I would hardly have risked a second glance at, and made them astonishingly cool. Here's hoping the next director and production team to be passed the Trek torch has as much fun as Abrams did.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Tags: