Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Back to the Future Nike Mags Now Reality  (Read 3134 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »
http://www.back4thefuture.com/

I read up on it, its real.
The Future is at hand....

I really hope they make regular editions so us non-rich people can afford a pair.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:06:17 AM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Back to the Future Nike Mags Now Reality
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:14:27 AM »
I don't much care for shoes that light up. What I wanna see is those Power laces they had on Back to the Future II. Those I would buy  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:11:25 AM »
Ones with power laces would be boss. Anything less just isn't what the movie has.

Also, I suppose this could be a controversial statement, but fuck anyone who bids on those shoes. Fucking embryonic stem cell research bullshit. Fuck Michael J. Fox. I'd care for him and his ailment if he weren't such an asshole.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
Hows he an asshole?

Also, say what you will about him and the bidders, but Stem cell research is most certainly not bullshit. IF we were able to carry out full research into the matter, we could probably find the cures and or treatments for MANY conditions, besid Parkinsons. Such as, Spinal chord damage victims, like the late Christopher Reeve (RIP Superman). Or hell, maybe even a way to regrow limbs or treat cancers. Stem cells are pretty much one of the biggest keys to unlocking secrets of life.

But its "controversial" for bullshit political and business reasons
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:24:50 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:54 PM »
Picking apart/destruction of human embryos under the assumption that they're not really living beings and just cells—that's pretty assholish. No amount of medical advances excuse the destruction of new, untainted human life. So yeah, fuck M.J. Fox, and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:29:14 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:39:29 PM »
Except Embryonic Stem Cells are only one of the many types of stem cells, and really the ONLY controversial ones. There are also Adult Stem Cells, which can be gained from tissue samples, Amniotic Stem Cells, which can be obtained from Amniotic fluid,  and Artificial Stem cells, which are created by turning other cells into stem cells. (I think. if Im right, then the technical term is Induced pluripotent stem cell)

None of which involve embryos or destruction of life.

You know where you can get Stem cells from? Umbilical chord blood. Umbilical chords get simply thrown away after getting cut. Tossed away, trash, garbage pail, when they hold the keys to treating so many conditions and could potentially revolutionize the face of medicine forever.

Also, Embryos really arent even alive yet. They dont have organs, most specifically a brain or heart. They are only potential Human life at best.

Scientists are also trying to create stem cells that are just as potent as embryonic ones, but without the need for the Embryo.

However, Embryonic Stem cells are among the most potent kind.

Umbilical chords are not the only things that get thrown out. What about embryos used in Invitro? Unless the parents choose to keep them frozen, they are simply discarded as waste.

I dont see anyone complaining about that. And yet, taking those discarded embryos, and using them for the opportunity to give new life to others, People with terminal or incurable conditions, is somehow more wrong?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:42:24 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 12:25:46 AM »
I know there are other kinds of stem cell research, but to my knowledge Fox has always been about the potential of the embryonic variety and is what his foundation primarily funds. I could be wrong, though.

Generally I'm really not a fan of the in vitro process. If a couple can't have children due to inefficiencies or because they're of the same sex, there's this thing called adoption that, while a huge pain in the ass to procure a child, is totally worth it. Success rate of in vitro is, what, maybe 50%? That's pretty damned bogus; tons of wasted life. I also find it disgusting when single people make some test tube babies without there being a partner to help raise the child. (Octomom, I'm looking at you, you bitch. I DO WANT NUDE PICS OF YOU, THOUGH.)

But, ignoring my dislike for in vitro fertilization, can experiments really be performed on failed IVF? I don't like it, but instead of just discarding the embryos, hell, why not use 'em? Though again, I'd rather human IVF just disappear in general.

And if umbilical cords can be used for research, use 'em. No harm there; it's waste, except to the crazies who save 'em.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:45 AM »
Here's something else you might have forgotten about embryos. We all know a woman goes through cycles or periods. It happens when the unfertilized egg or embryo adheres to the inner walls of the woman's uterus. If said embryo isn't fertilized within a certain period of time, the embryo is flushed out of her uterus and the process is repeated over again till there are no more eggs left. According to your earlier statement Abnormal Freak stem-cell research is a waste of these embryos and yet a woman's natural cycle flushes them down the sewer every time she has her period until fertilization. So you might want to reexamine your previous statement. What you also said about embryos being alive is not entirely accurate. They aren't alive in any sense except that they do have the potential to become life like Flame stated. They only begin to have life AFTER the embryo receives the rest of the missing 24 chromosomes. Without these chromosomes, the embryo is as good as useless. No complete genome; no human being. Easy as Phi. From a religious point of view it comes off as a sin. But how? If the embryos are flushed out of a woman's system every time she has her period then why hasn't god wiped off the entire women population off the face of the earth for sinning? Because those religious views are based on what we humans think is right and wrong. And it's all brought about our limited "egos" which is really sad and pathetic. There is a complete lack of information pertaining to their personal views of what humanity really is and anything they don't like is considered a "Sin". It's a completely bogus way of thinking that should've died out with the medieval age. No personal offense to those of this board who have their own beliefs in whatever religions they are apart of as I too, have my own faith.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 02:15:41 AM »
A fertilized egg is a world of difference from an unfertilized one, dude. :p Pro-lifers believe that life begins with conception, obviously—and I most definitely believe that. I don't think I'm murdering millions of babies each time I take a spank.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:52:09 AM »
Unfertilized Embryos- those should be fair game. SO many of em go to waste anyway. Which is what Michael J. Fox is advocating, and mentioned in an interview with Katie Couric.
Same for Reeve.

Personally, Im interested in how he managed to get the disease at 30, when it normally strikes in people older than 50. (although iv'e only known people who got it later, like 70+)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »
Personally, Im interested in how he managed to get the disease at 30, when it normally strikes in people older than 50. (although iv'e only known people who got it later, like 70+)

I think Parkinson's disease can strike anyone at almost any time. The just hasn't been enough cases of it happening to younger people. I used to think that cancer only struck those who were in their latter-half of life. Until I heard stories of kids getting cancer treatments and it's when I realized that diseases, cellular mutations, etc. wait for no-one. They'll hit you when you least expect it.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
A fertilized egg is a world of difference from an unfertilized one, dude. :p Pro-lifers believe that life begins with conception, obviously—and I most definitely believe that.

Well, I guess you have the right to believe that. But then, I guess that means I have the right to call Pro-lifers assholes for opposing women's rights for abortions. There are many stupid women (or underage girls) who get knocked-up and can't handle the responsibility of having a child. You can't FORCE them to have birth (unless you're a religious prick). Oh wait, but that could have been a child! Could have been, as in - not a child, at least not yet.

We can argue about that for eternity, but I think the real argument here is between religious people who see childbirth as a mitzvah (commandment by God), to modern people who treat it as a responsibility and draw a clear border between sex (intended for pleasure) to conception (intended for creating a family).

You know, I just thought about something. In vitro process is the creation of this world of modern views on sex. It's a further step in the conceptual idea that sex should be intended only for pleasure, not for childbirth. Sex for making children? Nah. What are we, animals? Children should be created in tubes.
Right now I can think of the next step in completing the formula. There still is a problem - the embryo still needs a female host. Could the unpleasant process of birth be avoided? All we need now is an artificial womb. A machine which could mimic the processes inside the female body. If someone manages to construct one of those....

What's next? Well, I guess that means Gattaca, here we come.   
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: