Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bad Habits you have  (Read 5809 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: September 14, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
Just thought of a couple I have. I am a pretty bad communicator, I bite my nails, bounce my foot when I get nervous, pace sometimes while I think or have anxiety, I stay up during the night sometimes and sleep all day when I don't have to work just to name a few. What are some of yours?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
I have several habits that have never left me since childhood.

Nail biting; I don't bite my nails. I chew them off 'till my fingers bleed thou I try to watch out for that.

Nose-picking; I wish I could get rid of this one, but I'm somewhat nerdy like so many others...

Bouncing foot; I do this too, although it stems from something unknown and I'm not sure what that is.

Oral fixation; I'm constantly scratching myself when I don't need to, or I'm picking at something for some obscure reason. I hate it.

The below is not considered to be a bad habit in general but it maybe the cause of most of them. If you read it you've been warned  :P

(click to show/hide)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:37:21 AM »
Popping joints

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »
Procrastination. It's kicked me in the 'nads more than once and yet I keep doing it anyway. >.>
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:32:35 AM »
Planning things. Or at least thinking I am. If I know I'll be meeting someone months ahead, I'll waste my time planning exactly what will happen. Bur it never goes the way I expect it to. In the meantime, it keeps me from sleeping.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Daydreaming. I can't concentrate without going away to some fictional world from anime or games.
Sometimes I'm a little short tempered.
I like ecchi and H manga, anime and games.
I like girls, which makes it difficult to find a girlfriend for obvious reasons (and because of the rest of things I mentioned here).
I've been told (with reason, I guess) that I am a nerd. I'm kind of socially awkward, and sometimes that alienates people from me. I always find a way to turn every conversation in something related to anime, manga, VG's, movies or music... and I do it in a very nerdy way... and I hate the way I laugh.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
Procrastination. It's kicked me in the 'nads more than once and yet I keep doing it anyway. >.>

heh me as well also I drool in my sleep oh math class made me remember this.

Daydreaming. I can't concentrate without going away to some fictional world from anime or games.
I like girls, which makes it difficult to find a girlfriend for obvious reasons (and because of the rest of things I mentioned here).
I've been told (with reason, I guess) that I am a nerd. I'm kind of socially awkward, and sometimes that alienates people from me. I always find a way to turn every conversation in something related to anime, manga, VG's, movies or music... and I do it in a very nerdy way... and I hate the way I laugh.

And there is a problem with this ... nm it's too hard to type with a baby  in your arm.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »

Have you daydreamed about us (or about me? *insert wonka meme here*)

I've been told (with reason, I guess) that I am a nerd. I'm kind of socially awkward, and sometimes that alienates people from me. I always find a way to turn every conversation in something related to anime, manga, VG's, movies or music... and I do it in a very nerdy way...

These things happen with me too, but I dont see where "ecchi and H manga, anime and games" is a bad habit.

Planning things. Or at least thinking I am. If I know I'll be meeting someone months ahead, I'll waste my time planning exactly what will happen. Bur it never goes the way I expect it to. In the meantime, it keeps me from sleeping.

This too, but I dont plan things like that, unless its very very important. Otherwise I plan only the essential (not a "normal" essential lol)

Happen a lot with me too.

Popping joints

Pooping joints? Whats that?

Also as noted here, my worst bad habit is being very sincere even when its not necessary. Also I rarely drink, but normally when I do it, I drink really fast with the intention of trying to be drunk. Not drunk as "hey this guy is really happy now", I mean to be really high and maybe lose conscious. Im lucky that the alcohol ends first than that.

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »
Have you daydreamed about us (or about me? *insert wonka meme here*)
Haha! I mean, I go away with my mind... like that time a couple months ago, when a employee from my dad's company gave me a task, where I had to travel by bus to a city near my town (like 80 miles) and deliver some tax papers in a building, and she gave me the address and the name of the person, but I was listening to her and at the same time remembering about how good The Last Of Us story got that previous sunday, and how I wanted the weekend to come so I could follow it and keep playing, and then I arrived at the city, took a cab, and found out I had forgotten the direction, so I had to call and end up spending a lot more money on the cab because I gave a random direction just to gain some time, so I had to go back, and then I delivered the papers, but I lost like 45 minutes so I couldn't go watch a movie until waiting for the bus to return, so I ended up in a mall, doing nothing, and that's how daydreaming can be a bad habit  :P I just can't take my mind off my hobbies. NEVER, EVER. I want to progress in my japanese course, and I want to become better at my work, but I don't have much free time during week days, and I'm always missing the little time available for my hobbies, and when I'm not doing them, my mind is there anyway... waiting...

These things happen with me too, but I dont see where "ecchi and H manga, anime and games" is a bad habit.
To me, they are not. To other people, they are.
But one of those things to you is not a problem. You want to find a girl. You can do it. You are a man. I want to find a girl... that's a problem for me.

And there is a problem with this ... nm it's too hard to type with a baby  in your arm.
I didn't understand  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 01:27:18 AM »
@Lelygax Popping joints like cracking knuckles and anything else that can crack.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 05:52:06 AM »
Biting and eating the skin of my fingers or lips, then if it bleeds, i suck the blood.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
@Lelygax Popping joints like cracking knuckles and anything else that can crack.

Oh, now I understand. I dislike to do it, while a lot of friends like.

Biting and eating the skin of my fingers or lips, then if it bleeds, i suck the blood.

Lips, that happens with me too, I end doing the same thing. This doesnt happens often though.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:17 AM »
Lips, that happens with me too, I end doing the same thing. This doesnt happens often though.

It just happens when I am worried about something or I am deep in thought.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »
Oh, I'm always biting my lips... Sometimes I don't realize until it hurts.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
Biting fingernails, though nowhere near the extent I did as a kid. I'd bite till they bled back then.

Gnawing (to give a better word) the inside of my cheek or lower lip. Usually I just do it a tad till it hurts or I taste a bit of iron/blood. But the last time I kept chewing and chewing until there was a huge chunk of flesh missing from my mouth. I stopped out of fear that I'd chew through my cheek all the way. At least for the time being...

I used to pick at my teeth with a screwdriver. After a filling and two root canals, I stopped doing that. Now I pay every 6 months to let a dentist do it properly.

Eating then going to sleep immediately afterward.

Sleeping after 30 minutes of programming.

Picking/squeezing skin blemishes on my face.

Playing games at work and getting impatient with customers when they come in while I'm playing.

Posting on forums while at work.

Cussing out customers.

Staring at tits.

Biting my lip while staring at a girl's ass as she walks away.

Oh and I drool, but that's not something I have any control over I guess, so it's not a personal habit, just a physical habit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:53:43 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: