Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Batman Vs. Superman Official  (Read 18649 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »
Yeay! I gotta happyface grin response from you  :) I was worried that I insulted you due to Batman being your favorite character. That was not the intention.
Nan dude, to each his own preference. However this is one of my favorite shirts to wear:
(click to show/hide)

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 06:06:16 PM »
Nice shirt. In that image you remind me of John Henry Irons aka The Man of Steel from the Death and Return of Superman lol ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 08:22:27 AM »
Nice shirt. In that image you remind me of John Henry Irons aka The Man of Steel from the Death and Return of Superman lol ;D

Ha, Steel. That was a cool character unlike that awful Shaq movie! lol

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »
I liked Dark Knight Returns... But that was enough to satiate my appetite for Superman-vs.-Batman, so I probably won't see this movie until it airs on TV.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »

I must admit, this looks pretty fn awesome!

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 01:12:32 AM »
I'm really not convinced by the trailer for this.  Plus, near complete absence of Wonder Woman aside for a couple of blink and you'll miss it shots seemed a bit.... meh.  I wasn't impressed with Man of Steel either.  Started ok, then went downhill imo.  I'm looking forward much more to Deadpool (which deserves its own thread).  This about sums up Batman vs Superman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QFPuyDrIIk.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »
Interesting theory, I guess. But I'm not really buying it. Like, it says that Batman's suit is visually inspired by the Outsiders comic, when Snyder has already stated that it was inspired by The Dark Knight Returns. Plus, the whole "story" that was written later on is extremely amateur.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »
Interesting theory, I guess. But I'm not really buying it. Like, it says that Batman's suit is visually inspired by the Outsiders comic, when Snyder has already stated that it was inspired by The Dark Knight Returns. Plus, the whole "story" that was written later on is extremely amateur.

I dunno dude, this makes a crazy argument. Check out the other link for even more data, it explains the suit(s) and reasoning behind them.

I tell you what this would banana's if it turns out to be true!

It would be the most EPIC plot twist in history!

http://www.totalspoiler.com/index.php/the-thesis-of-plot-twist/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
Some other problems with it are that they've specifically referred to him as Bruce Wayne in articles and such. Plus, they've been eyeing Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke for Suicide Squad. However, he never joined the cast, but Scott Eastwood is in the cast, and he's been rumored to have taken up the role. David Harbour is also in the movie, and he looks like he could even take up the role of Slade.

The Joker as Robin part I can buy. But not as John Blake. As Dick Grayson. They're taking a lot of inspiration from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Universe, and were Joker actually Robin, Dick Grayson would make the most sense. Dick Grayson was a villain in The Dark Knight Strikes Back, and he pretended to be the Joker for much of the comic.

But this whole "Batman is actually Slade Wilson"? I just don't buy it at all.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 11:03:07 PM »
Some other problems with it are that they've specifically referred to him as Bruce Wayne in articles and such. Plus, they've been eyeing Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke for Suicide Squad. However, he never joined the cast, but Scott Eastwood is in the cast, and he's been rumored to have taken up the role. David Harbour is also in the movie, and he looks like he could even take up the role of Slade.

The Joker as Robin part I can buy. But not as John Blake. As Dick Grayson. They're taking a lot of inspiration from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Universe, and were Joker actually Robin, Dick Grayson would make the most sense. Dick Grayson was a villain in The Dark Knight Strikes Back, and he pretended to be the Joker for much of the comic.

But this whole "Batman is actually Slade Wilson"? I just don't buy it at all.

Why not Tim Drake as Joker? it'll be cool to use Batman Beyond's Joker premise as something new, and "new" comic book universes are just retcon-canons from old ones, especially given how radical the new joker looks, It makes sense that the previous Joker's conditioning into latent insanity showing the cracks would be perfect.

Also Dick Grayson Batman would also be good for this as well, adding turmoil to a war to once brothers of the bat family

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:13 PM »
Why not Tim Drake as Joker? it'll be cool to use Batman Beyond's Joker premise as something new, and "new" comic book universes are just retcon-canons from old ones, especially given how radical the new joker looks, It makes sense that the previous Joker's conditioning into latent insanity showing the cracks would be perfect.

Also Dick Grayson Batman would also be good for this as well, adding turmoil to a war to once brothers of the bat family

I never said no to Tim Drake as Joker, but the reason I pointed out Dick Grayson Joker is because of the heavy amount of inspiration Zack Snyder is taking from Frank Miller's universe, where Dick Grayson becomes an antagonist who impersonates the Joker.

Offline spookyhappyfun

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Minecraft Forum Homepage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 05:17:40 AM »
Two other points:

1) Aren't they in talks with Ben Affleck to have him write, direct, and star in a solo Batman movie? Unless that's all a smokescreen and it's really a Deathstorke movie which seems silly.

2) If I, as a member of the general public who didn't know anything about the DC Comic universe bought a ticket and went in to see a movie that was marketed to me as Batman versus Superman, saw all the trailers and expected Ben Affleck to be Batman (Bruce Wayne Batman) only to have a twist later in the movie that he was never the real Batman at all, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 06:53:46 AM »
You do realize that, nowadays, trailers are far more likely to draw out excitement for bigger dividends than they are to tease some ridiculously elaborate plot twist that requires a 50-page thesis to explain? After all, this is Warner Brothers. They're not in the business of convoluted comic-book storytelling, they're in the business of... well, business.

It's an interesting theory, but don't expect it to be accurate.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Tags:

anything