Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Traumatic experience  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Traumatic experience
« on: October 08, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
Anyone have anything happen that truly scared them?

Yesterday I got a call from my little sister and she told me that my mom had collapsed at church. She didn't give any details and I was really worried so I ran on foot to the church(a little over a mile). When I got there I found out she was ok, just dehydrated, so I drove my little sisters home.(They had the car with them.)I didn't even know which street the church was on, just the general area. I just kept running until I reached one. The first one I went to was the wrong one, but the next one down the road was the right one. Im just glad it all turned out well.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:02:18 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:21:21 PM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »
I get scared pretty regularly at work.  But it's a good, exciting kind of scared.   :-\

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:21:11 PM »
In Reply To #3

wtf?

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
In Reply To #4

No, it'd PFG. ;D

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Traumatic experience
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 03:13:32 PM »
In Reply To #4

He's a cop, remember?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »
In Reply To #6

had no idea he was a cop. Either forgot or musta missed it over the years lol

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »
In Reply To #1

Probably when my grandfather was in the hospital for lung cancer, and I was at my house, normal day.

Then I got a phone call saying that my grandfather had stopped breathing and everything was suddenly going wrong, all hell was breaking loose.

So I was panicking, I went over to the hospital, and it turned out some nurse was freaking out out over nothing and made that call. My grandfather soon recovered, but it really made me appreciate it every day he was here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:30:28 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 07:57:08 PM »
In Reply To #3
Ah... that would suck having that type of scard'ness . Tis one reason why I turned down the idea of being a cop, you really are a hero for doing that type of work PFG. Didn't you guard/watch convicts at on time, or am I thinking of someone else? >_> If I where to ever get pulled over in my life, I wish you would do it. lol. Well I mean I don't want to get pulled over, but that'd be crazy. haha. I have relatives whom I visit between Appleton and Greenbay, so it's not like it's an impossible thing to happen. (i think?) hehe

Also, I was indirectly hit by lightning on saturday! I was walking towards my house after work, when lighting hit my metal garage, traveled through the ground and hit me! The experience was rather traumatic and trippy at the same time, I really don't know how to describe it. I thought I was dead, but I guess nothing really happened to me... My doctor said I'll only have to let my right ear drum heal up, there is apparently a tear in it from the strike. : P

If only the bolt had been 30 feet closer to me... jesus.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:53:58 PM »
In Reply To #9

wow! you need to start playin the lottery youll be rich! Cause you know the odds of gettin hit by lightning are much better than the odds of winnin the lottery =D

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »
Watching my father die right in front of my face from penumonia, he had signed a living will so the nurses could do nothing to save him, one agonizing hour by his side never knowing if he knew the family was there or not (apparently he knew as he hung on just long enough for us to see him one last time).

Traumatic for a lifetime, scared me to know how easy this sickness can take you out, he was well and walking around joking with the nurses one night, next morning he was bad off.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:21:46 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 10:41:24 AM »
In Reply To #3
Ah... that would suck having that type of scard'ness . Tis one reason why I turned down the idea of being a cop, you really are a hero for doing that type of work PFG. Didn't you guard/watch convicts at on time, or am I thinking of someone else? >_> If I where to ever get pulled over in my life, I wish you would do it. lol. Well I mean I don't want to get pulled over, but that'd be crazy. haha. I have relatives whom I visit between Appleton and Greenbay, so it's not like it's an impossible thing to happen. (i think?) hehe

I dunno about being a hero, but I appreciate your generous words.  Yeah, I worked in a jail before this.  It was actually a really fun job, there's some crazy stuff that happens there.  Next time you're in the area you definitely need to look me up.  Send me a PM and I'll give you my cell #.  Just don't bring any lightning storms with you!  :)

Offline Grethor

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 08:15:41 AM »
In Reply To #12
Heheh when you said cell # I thought you meant cell as in prison cell for a moment there! What with the context and all.

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 11:25:21 AM »
In Reply To #12
Ahh, your definitely a hero! With every day having to deal with possible evil people and all, yes that's hero worthy. hehe. And usually during the later spring/early summer time, my cousins hold a family reunion down there. (Last time it was in Fond du lac because they moved.)

Btw, to BR, ahhh. I feel bad for you, death traumatizes us so easily. I haven't witnessed death yet... but... : (

Tags: