Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Lord Of The Rings!  (Read 5298 times)

Jowceph

The Lord Of The Rings!
« on: June 20, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
If anyone else here is in love with LOTR then seriously say so!

I Am Too Obsessed With This Trilogic Book Series, Film Series, And Everything Else Around It!

I really am far too obsessed!  ;D ;D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:41:25 AM »
In Reply To #1

I too am a big fan of the series. I have download them at 1080p and they are awesome, but i havent read the books yet, but i'll do it!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Jowceph

Re: The Lord Of The Rings!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »
Same i haven't read the books yet either, but i shall do also.

i shall also sometime get the fellowship soundtrack coz i really wanna get concerning hobbits.  :)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »
In Reply To #1

The movies bored me to death. And I have... issues when trying to read: i just can't get into anything!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

warfreak

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 11:50:07 AM »
I love Lord of the Rings! Not that huge of a fan, but watched all the movies and read all three books. Here's what I thought: Fellowship can be really boring at times (I had to TRY to read it three separate times in the span of two years before I actually read all the way through) but once that's done, Two Towers and Return of the King are really exciting. Except for the Frodo and Sam part, where they're just walking..walking...walking.. ;D

In Reply To #1

The movies bored me to death. And I have... issues when trying to read: i just can't get into anything!

How could the movies bore you? :( They're really exciting, once you get into them. Try watching with subtitles (that's what I did).. They help you concentrate on the plot more.
Currently, I also have issues with reading. I'm trying to end that, though, and started off my reading comeback with Bram Stoker's Dracula. ;D

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »
In Reply To #5

IDK, I guess because they're about a stupid little hobit. If it had just been about the awesome badass dudes, like Aragorn and Legolas, I may have liked it more.

mgfcortez

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
i like the movies there really great but for some parts of the story that was changed but thats what movies do :-\
still great movies.

loved the books i've read all of them
and the The Hobbit
i loved the The Silmarillion,even with it reading a little like the bible ::)
it may jump from one point in time to the next too
but for any real fan of LOTR i think its a must to check out.
if you only like LOTR a little then it might not be for you.lol
its the back story of LOTR like when you hear them talking about stuff that happen long ago this is the back story 8)
(i wish i would had read the fan made one online that put all the other little storys in the book too)
The Hobbit is also going to have not one movie but two movies made.
only bad thing is there not coming out until 2011 and 2012 :'(
why so damn long to make the damn movie?
and anybody that finds these movies bore them they truly have problems and i feel very sorry for them ::)
oh well be cool

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:31:21 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
In Reply To #5

Heh,
After a long stint of several years of not reading, Bram Stokers Dracula is the first book I picked up, I read it halfway through once then musta got put off by something. Read it again a few more months down the line and got about 2 3rds through this time.

I can only come to the conclusion that the book just gets really boring towards the end.

I did manage to read Homers Oddyssey  all the way through about a year ago and I was dead chuffed with myself for that.

but that wasn't really a Novel, it was written as a play and doesnt count.

Dune, however.... that got me reading again, not only have i read the first one now I've finished messiah and am halfway through Children of dune - the third book.

I guess it all depends on what gets your imagination going but i'm glad i've found something to get me into reading again.

(Cvfan: you might like the first Dune more than LoTR, practically everyone seems badass in the first book and everyone is trying to kill everyone else, including the 9 yr old psychic witch!... she's still not as cool as Muad'dib tho.... )
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

warfreak

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 03:01:30 AM »
In Reply To #5

IDK, I guess because they're about a stupid little hobit. If it had just been about the awesome badass dudes, like Aragorn and Legolas, I may have liked it more.
The story and the characters generally become more badass as you move along.. Of course, the hobbits are still hobbits..

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
(Cvfan: you might like the first Dune more than LoTR, practically everyone seems badass in the first book and everyone is trying to kill everyone else, including the 9 yr old psychic witch!... she's still not as cool as Muad'dib tho.... )

A 9 year-old physcic witch? Cool!

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:14 AM »
In Reply To #10

It's a little more in depth than just a young girl with awsome powers, its much more subtle in the way she shares her sentience with her mother and a thousand other past lives.... she appears more prominently in children of dune where she turns evil... it's something to do with the Baron Harkonnen but i wont spoil it for you if you decide to read it... deffinately worth a look though
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 02:12:51 AM »
LOTR is great stuff, the  book is a very intriguing read though I hate the way the post fellowship split was written, lazy, lazy, lazy, J.R should have put the hobbits and the fellowships corresponding events back into their proper places so we can read what's going on with frodo at the same time we read what aragorn and co are doing instead of leaving two completely seperate chunks.
_______________________________________ ______________

warfreak

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 03:24:32 AM »
I dunno, I kind of like it better separate. It would be kind of hard to get into the mood of each event when it's all Aragorn-Gimli-Gandalf-Merry-Pippin! No, Frodo-Sam! Orcs! Mordor! Gondor! Minas Tirith! Switchy thingy. I really like it the way it is... I don't think Tolkien was being lazy seeing that it took him a couple of decades to make the thing. >_> He sure had a lot of time.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 10:45:46 AM »
The movies aren't bad. I like them, but I don't think they're great. I did read the books, there is way too much pointless descriptions in them. They could probably cut down the trilogy   by 200-300 pages if they got rid of some of the useless descriptions about how this particular tree looks, or the rocks on the road, or whatever else there is. That's my major gripe with it
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Tags: