Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: NFL 08  (Read 4099 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:11:40 AM »
Didn't see a football thread and just curious to see what everybody thinks of their teams this year and their projections for the future.

I'm a diehard Cowboys fan and my team really let me down last saturday. We had the game in the bag and Romo threw 2 interceptions for points. Now we gotta win this sundays philly game or we're out. (and I'll be uberpissed) I think we got a shot of going far this postseason if the team will just play smart ball and make it. It'll feel like old times again if we can get past the first game that for some odd reason has been holding us back. I must admit the Giants did a damn good job last year of picking up the slack for the NFC and pounding the Patriots to the ground, hard. I'm not really a giants fan but that superbowl is one of the best I've ever seen, like a titanic struggle between two super powers, beating it out until the very end. I special ordered a Giants super bowl XII cap just because that game was so good.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:05:34 AM »
How bout them Dolphins? I don't really watch Football, but my family does, so I always root for the opposing team (We live in Miami).

I love to bust their chops about it.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 11:26:59 AM »
I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan, sorry to burst your bubble, but I prefer my team get that last wild card spot over your Boys. ;)

Tampa's lost 3 straight pretty much throwing a division title away, and went from assured a playoff spot, to possibly not making the playoffs at all.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 05:37:27 PM »
I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan, sorry to burst your bubble, but I prefer my team get that last wild card spot over your Boys. ;)

Tampa's lost 3 straight pretty much throwing a division title away, and went from assured a playoff spot, to possibly not making the playoffs at all.

Yeah the bucs are great this year, they should be in there, it's just a shame that december has been such a rough month for them.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »
I think the Jets are going to beat us on Sunday anyway.  ::)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »
whelp the boys didn't show up today and literally handed the eagles the victory and the last wildcard spot. (god I've never seen so many botched touchdown runs and passes in my life that turned into interceptions for td's). Jerry Jones should put everybody in their place after todays game and hire a real headcoach and put philips at defensive coach (which is what he should be in my opinion, we've always had a rockhard d under him). All right looks like I'll be rooting for the Giants again to win it all. Personally I'd love to see them win this year and next year and beat the pats 3 wins in 4 years record and become the team of 2000-2009.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »
I hate the Patriots. Bunch of douche bag cheaters. There was some article the other day expanining how "Pat fans are disappointed" Wah wah wah! Shove a pipe bomb up your ass.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08:55 AM »
Trouble is, you can't beat the Pats in the Superbowl, they didn't make the playoffs.

Same deal with my Bucs, a disappointing finish to say the least, losing t 500 year old Al Davis's Raiders.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 02:09:55 PM »
I hate the Patriots. Bunch of douche bag cheaters. There was some article the other day expanining how "Pat fans are disappointed" Wah wah wah! Shove a pipe bomb up your ass.

It's their own fault. If they hadn't let Miami walk all over them in the regular season they'd be in. Can't play bad ball consecutivly against the #1 ranked team in your division and expect to get in.

Trouble is, you can't beat the Pats in the Superbowl, they didn't make the playoffs.

Same deal with my Bucs, a disappointing finish to say the least, losing t 500 year old Al Davis's Raiders.

yeah that was dissappointing, I would have much rather liked to have seen the bucs get that last spot. Would have made the playoffs much more interesting. The Eagles will probably lose in the first round with who they have to face.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:13:15 PM by The Last Belmont »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:01:17 AM »
Man what a surprising colts game. That sucked ass. They worked so hard and one tying fieldgoal ended their postseason.
See that's why I believe that both teams should get a shot at scoring in overtime. Right now the winner is basically decided on the flip of a coin, unless the defenders D is just amazing. I was really hoping the colts would clench the AFC spot, a colts vs giants superbowl would have been the shit. 2 brothers, battling it out for the title, the stuff of legend right there.

Philly played a great game. Haven't seen them play like that in awhile. Mcnabb is coming back into his stride.

Cards did a good job holding it out and finding opportunities to score.

Ravens crushed the dolphins. That game was surprising as shit. Miami just comes off of their best season in a long ass time and got their ass handed to them. This game is a good example of why an insanely great even Patriots crushing O is no match for a great D.

Postseason is shaping up to be interesting. Can't wait for next week.

Tags: