Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..  (Read 37292 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 06:36:07 PM »

Virtual reality-themed psychological thriller! Weird-ass movie.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »
Jennifer Jason Leigh is totally spankworthy, and is naked PRACTICALLY ALL THE TIME in Paul Verhoeven's (RoboCop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct) excellent medieval movie Flesh + Blood. Though I can't decide what's more awesome about that movie: J.J.L.'s tits or FREAKING RUTGER HAUER(!) THE GREATEST ACTOR THAT'S EVER LIVED.

I need to see more Cronenberg flicks. Videodrome is excellent and I need to see more of his surrealist horror stuff, but I also love his more "serious" approach with the likes of Spider, A History of Violence, and Eastern Promises.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 08:38:47 PM »
In Reply To #31

That is a very weird movie, but I think a lot of gamers would appreciate the refrences, even if it's clear the writers still have a lot to learn about games.

This, I believe, was actually the first movie I saw Jude Law in, not to mention where I was introduced to Jennifer Jason Leigh.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 12:10:43 AM »
English dubs for Italian films usually are done pretty well considering the main actors are American a lot of the time. :] Although supposedly the Italian dubs are overall superior. I just choose not to watch them...like in the case with the "Man with No Name" trilogy, I can't imagine Clint Eastwood's characters being voiced by anyone other than Clint.

I do wish, however, that Anchor Bay would also supply the Italian language tracks on their DVDs. All of Dario Argento and Michele Soavi's films are A-OK in English, but it would be nifty to have the Italian dubs too.

Yeah I agree I bought Demons thinking they would have included the original italian dub as well, to my dismay it was only in English and the english dub is shit and poorly done. I was only out 5 bucks though so I wasn't too dissappointed. I would also like the original dub for City of the Living Dead as the english one I have is okay but it could be alot better.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 02:49:02 AM »

"she - The Ultimate weapon" the first thing i thought when i saw this pic.

That was my first thought too! "She" is one of my favorite animes.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »
English dubs for Italian films usually are done pretty well

Oh really? Have you ever seen "Life is Beautiful"(Great movie, btw)? Not really a good dub, just not in sync.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
I haven't seen it, no. But it's a tad difficult to dub Italian films, considering many of the actors are speaking different languages--English, Italian, Spanish, German... They film without sound, or at least that's how it always used to be done. I don't know if things have changed since.

I tried watching The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with the Italian language track, but quickly realized that the subtitles are only for the English dub; they didn't bother to write translated subtitles for the Italian dub, so I figured, "What's the point?"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »
In Reply To #37

Oh. You should see Life is Beautiful. It's a comedy/romance set in Italy during the Holocaust. Even if you don't like romances, it's got some hilarious slapstick comedy in there and a lot of gags and stuff.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 05:45:34 AM »
Anyone here seen Pieces? I'd really like to. Hopefully the DVD by Grindhouse Releasing will come out real soon. (And hopefully they'll release The Beyond one o' these days, unless Anchor Bay/Tarantino still own it.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »
Here's some of my favorite lesser known movies:

Six String Samurai - Instead of a cold war there was an atomic war in the 50's and the US was decimated.  The new capitol was a place called Lost Vegas and Elvis was the King.  Now Elvis is dead though and they are looking for a new rocker to be king.  Buddy, the main character is on his way there to claim the throne but he has to fight his way through cannibals, the soviet army, a spinach monster, and Death himself, all while keeping some Kid he had saved safe.  This is a great movie with just enough cheese, action, and meta-fiction to make it one of my favorites.

Feast - I don't want to say too much about this movie because I don't want to give any of it away.  But you know those rules that horror movies have established over the years:  Don't kill kids; "Bad" people always get it in the end; The hero never loses; There always has to be some sort of explanation as to the monsters origin.  This movie breaks all of those cliche horror movie rules.

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon - This is the greatest kung fu movie set in Harlem you will ever see. Sho'nuff!

The Triplets of Belleville - This movie isn't for everyone.  It's a french movie, but there's hardly any dialogue.  It's animated in a very unique style.  And it has awesome music.  It's a little slow paced, so if you're looking for action this isn't your movie.  This movie focuses on more character development and showing those tiny nuances here in there that make up the world.  Think French Miyazaki.

Slither - Another great horror movie.  This one actually came to theaters but it was kind of short lived.  It's a pretty good horror/romance where you feel a little empathy for the monster.

Black Sheep - Think zombie sheep.  You can't go wrong with that.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »
Anyone here seen  (And hopefully they'll release The Beyond one o' these days, unless Anchor Bay/Tarantino still own it.)

already did homes you can find it on ebay and amazon.  :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 03:07:58 PM »

One word.

Haunting.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:11:41 PM by New Dracula »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
already did homes you can find it on ebay and amazon.  :)

Wasn't that like a joint venture among Quentin Tarantino, Anchor Bay, and Grindhouse Releasing? For some reason I got this feeling that GR would be re-releasing the movie themselves.

Oh well. I suppose I'll have to pay an absurd price to get this movie. :P Unless I get the not-as-glorified DVD that goes under the name Seven Doors of Death, which I could get for $7 shipped.

Anyway, Danial, Feast is awesome. Totally ridiculous movie. But I don't know what horror movies you're used to, because I've seen quite a few where children are brutally murdered.

Slither is also quite rad. The guy who wrote and directed it also wrote and co-directed the Troma film Tromeo & Juliet, which has a special place in my heart alongside the first and fourth Toxic Avenger movies. TOTALLY classy trash there!

I love me my trashy gore flicks... Anyone seen Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky? That movie is a BLAST!

YEAH! Badass! Martial arts + heavy gore = hilariously good time.

Here's a sampling for you muthafuckas unfamiliar with it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:06:10 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »
In Reply To #40

hell yes Feast and Last Dragon both excellent movies.

"Now... when I say 'Whos da masta?' You say '..Shonuff" =D

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »
^ did you see the theatrical uncut version or the butchered up rerelease?

one of my fav. blaxplotation films from the 70's an oldsc........
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...they made a movie called "Boss N----r", and it only got rated PG...when the most racially offensive word in the english language is in the friggin' title?!
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags: