Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274289 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2013, 06:45:44 PM »
1) The jump button failed on me in the vertical climb of the church area. I could no longer jump from platform to platform.
Yeah, I can't do any further testing because of this.
Also, a dead skeleton's exploding bones can still hurt you. I don't think the original games do that.
Oh, and the controls screen only give me the default controls, I don't see any option to rebind them. And for some reason you can't close the game while in that screen.

By the way, in case you want a more uniform voice set for the characters, here's Omegasigma's Judgment English voice sample rips:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9qe4rcma4ahzhl2
Grab it while it's up. Just in case, though, I have downloaded it and might reupload at a later time if Omegasigma's link goes down. This rip doesn't seem to contain the winquotes though, but I believe Serio might be able to help you with that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:51:45 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2013, 10:07:41 PM »
Also, a dead skeleton's exploding bones can still hurt you. I don't think the original games do that.

You're correct, they don't hurt you in the original games. Once a skeleton is dead, they're dead and not even their remains hurt you. The only exception to this was some of the boss characters in Rondo and the SNES Dracula X. But they aren't skeletons.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »
Hey dudes  ;D i had to take a break from the coding for a bit and sorry its been a bit since my last post, i've been working 4 weeks straight with no day off :o lol so i havent had much time to mess with the game.  I tried my hand at spriting grant again and i want your feedback before i go further with it  ;D  Also, im getting ready to revise a jam for the game so when i get it done i'll post it as well, its nice sometimes being the only person programming and setting up your game when you compose the music too, gives you a bit of a break lol.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
And here's my second bug report:
- I'll echo VladCT's comments about whipping directions; I often find myself unable to whip upwards after having whipped diagonally.
(And speaking of whipping, please implement a centered vertical whip animation, since the current animation makes it unnecessarily hard to hit enemies above).
- The skeleton death animation can still hurt you.
- Trevor "vibrates" when moving against a wall.
- Pressing the down button while whipping causes Trevor to whip again instantly, in a crouching position.
- When I jump and keep the jump button pressed, Trevor flashes a standing position at the very top of the jump before assuming the jump position again on the way back down.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:44:23 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2013, 03:41:01 PM »
Thanks Intersection, the only thing that isn't fixed in yours and Vlad's findings are the new one about the vertical whip and the wall spaze lol, for some reason that is one bug that really bugs the shit out of me and i'll have it fixed before the "official" demo release  8) Thanks again for helping me out with the bugs, to everyone on here that has tested the beta for me!  8)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
I tried my hand at spriting grant again and i want your feedback before i go further with it  ;D
It kinda looks weird to me when his legs are practically the only things that are moving.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »
It kinda looks weird to me when his legs are practically the only things that are moving.
Yep, I was going to mention see about adding more animation to the arms or breathing or something then it should come together. Ask your sprite artist that's doing Sylpha to fix it a bit.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:11 PM »
Th Grant sprite is good for your first attempt, but he is quite stiff in the upper body and his legs don't have a normalized rhythm to them. It would be a good idea to check out the NES Grant sprite animation and copy that with your 16-bit Grant sprite. Then just add more walking animations to smoothen things out more.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
Thanks for the input guys  ;D Thanks X, yeah there are still many things i want to touch up on him but i was just wanting to get the general input for a start, i didnt want to spend a lot of time on it if you guys thought it was trash ;D  I needed to take a bit of a break from the coding (and spriting attempt lol) so i decided that the castle keep track needed a makeover, and to sweeten the pot i found a orchestra set to use in my recording program so now i'll be able to add the symphony aspect to the songs as well  ;D I wanted the last stage to be as epic as possible so i needed to step up the track and i think i delivered quite well for a first attempt, i hope you guys like it!

https://db.tt/gKfrOUVq
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:05:41 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2013, 04:52:09 PM »
Good work for the track; I'm rather impressed. I see it's 45 seconds Bloody Tears and 90 seconds guitar fantasy, but it seems to be your style -- so keep going.
Here's just a heads up: in the bloody tears section, the guitar and accompaniment tend to drown out the actual melody, which you've given to the orchestra. You might want to slightly adjust the sound levels.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: October 26, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
Here's just a heads up: in the bloody tears section, the guitar and accompaniment tend to drown out the actual melody, which you've given to the orchestra. You might want to slightly adjust the sound levels.
This. And what's with the 2+ minutes of silence at the end?
^^

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: November 19, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »
hey fellas :) i hope you didnt forget about me haha :) time for an update:

the demo is nearly 100% completed, i have to remix prayer and add a few lines of 5 minute coding and the full demo will be ready.  This time round, you guys will have the village, clocktower and mad forest to play with! ive also implemented the password system as well :) ill post the results as soon as its ready :)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2013, 02:01:07 PM »
hey fellas :) i hope you didnt forget about me haha :) time for an update:

the demo is nearly 100% completed, i have to remix prayer and add a few lines of 5 minute coding and the full demo will be ready.  This time round, you guys will have the village, clocktower and mad forest to play with! ive also implemented the password system as well :) ill post the results as soon as its ready :)
Looking forward to it!

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
WarMachine asked me to create Grant sprites.Here is just an static standing pose...  What do you think, guys?

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2013, 04:09:27 AM »
The perspective looks a little awkward in this, particularly the legs. One leg looks longer than the other when it's not supposed to.
^^

Tags:

anything