Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?  (Read 18016 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 02:19:50 AM »
Loving AoS' Clock Tower because of the music.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »
1.Clock Tower CV VI 2.Catacombs CotM 3.stage 2 CV Chronicles :)
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
Castle Keep
Inner Chambers
Belmont's Village (thats Jova or Aljiba? lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
I will choose Clockwork from CVIII.

Principally for the music. And I can´t remember other stage in a ClassicVania´s to do the same: complete the stage, then return to the start in the same stage. I mean, you must climb to the top, fight Grant´s ghost, and be too close to Dracula´s Castle (acording to the map), and then see and hear the bridge collapsing... to then return to the start (with or without Grant) and continue in a different path... and did I mention the stage music :P?
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline RegalX7

• !?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 01:38:41 AM »
+2
The castle entrance in Order of Ecclesia, because of how epic the atmosphere is. The awesome music fits perfectly, just everything gives off a real "oh-shit-this-is-it" vibe that I never felt in any other CV game.

Offline EditorMaster

• Let's be together
  • Hunter in Training
  • Alucard Editor
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 09:22:37 AM »
I love Royal Chapel stage also entrance castle 

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »
Dracula's Keep

Best stage ever.
Period.
All versions.
Period.
Because when you finally reach it those stairs, whether they rise in grandeur or lay before you in rubble, you always know what they mean. And as you climb them -- or fly over their ruin -- you know full well what lies in store for you at their top.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »
Anything that's alternate dimension related like the Dracula's Void in SotN, He'll in DoS but Chaos Realm in AoS wins the match for just because it's the reminiscent of the castle stages in one area that you've already been familiar with with the add on of some new rooms that makes you feel that you're also in an astral plane with the stats in the background. I like how the time is stopped there, making you so eager to see what comes next yet give you a genuine sense of fear that you're now fighting tougher enemies that are also prone to time as well as you are. I think they should add more places like that in a castlevania game.

Also, I would like to point out that I like CVIII, SCVIV,RoB, OoE and LoS because you don't always have to start the game from the Castle, you can also enjoy the journey to the Castle. I praise RoB because from level one, you can decide whether if you want to go start the game from the castle or take the alternate path to the bridge and you can change paths in any level. That was some genius level design. I loved that game so much. While this seems a bit irrelevant because the Castle in LoS was not finale because the boss there was not the last boss, I like the idea of gameplay after the main course. So after the Castle, you still have more of the game before its truly over. That was a good innovation in the series and I'm they should use that idea again the LoS saga is over.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
I forgot to mention the Treasury/Gold Mine stage in SCV4. That's a very unique level theme that has basically never been revisited. It had a lot of unique props that have also never been reused. Add to that the music and the effects and you have an amazing stage despite the actual layout not being all that exciting.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:02 AM »
They did have a Treasury stage in Harmony of Dissonance (If you can even call it that) But it was mediocre at best and didn't even remotely resemble a treasure room.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
I thought there was a vague lingering memory of another stage somewhere with gold coins in the background.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 06:14:52 PM »
I liked the one room in the SKeleton Cave in OoE with the chandelier made of bones. That room is fucking awesome. It's the one room that used a brown palette.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
Definitely Olrox's Quarters. SotN had bodacious atmosphere for all of its stages, but that one is really outstanding.

I also agree with ThouAegis for OoE's skeleton cave. I do believe the chandelier of bones was inspired from an actual cathedral.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »
I also agree with ThouAegis for OoE's skeleton cave. I do believe the chandelier of bones was inspired from an actual cathedral.

It was. Here's the website: http://www.socialphy.com/posts/images-pics/13151/Sedlec-Ossuary_-the-chapel-of-the-skeletons.html

It's also interesting to note that the same bone chandelier looks used in CV: Bloodlines for Dracula's chamber.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:25 AM »
i like the area where you fight Carmilla in CoTM. Lots of time put into the background!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: