Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite non-canon Belmont?  (Read 8880 times)

Offline SiFi270

• The Red Cyclone
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2209069/SiFi270
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:32:24 AM »
I'd say either Simon III, for being able to kill Dracula in one hit, or dream sequence Soleil from The Belmont Legacy, for how he responds to being kidnapped by Dracula.

The only reason I'm not including Sonia is because she's totally canon to me.
Pfft. Like anything's ever going here

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:47:22 AM »
just a reminder for the misinformed, the only reason Legends was removed from the classic canon is because it contradicts CVIII, but I still like her (well, the idea of her) for being the "mother" of all Belmonts

my fav non-canon Belmont is prolly Gabriel
the other non-canons are Desmond, Victor, Delores, Zoe, Marie, Reinhart(?), Christopher's wife from the comic, and perhaps you can add MoF-Trevor/Simon, since ya know, the whole "LoS is not part of the CV-canon" stuff Cox is always talking about

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »
Nathan Graves from CotM. He has an interesting character and while I'm sure that he isn't a Belmont (not just in name), I've come to feel that he's more Belmont then some of the others that IGA has created.

just a reminder for the misinformed, the only reason Legends was removed from the classic canon is because it contradicts CVIII

Not necessarily. Putting aside the Alucard + Sonia bit which is very lose in explination, the only contradiction so far is that IGA has stated that Trevor was the first Belmont to defeat Dracula. But that's what IGA has said and it doesn't reflect the time before he was involved with CV. And the original year that CV III took place was around 1492 whereas IGA has now changed it to 1476. CV legends could have easily fit into the timeline with 20 years to spare. More then enough time for Trevor to grow into the Belmont warrior we all know.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:42:33 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »
Not to turn this into a debate, but..

the only contradiction so far is that IGA has stated that Trevor was the first Belmont to defeat Dracula.
He wasn't the first to state this

And the original year that CV III took place was around 1492 whereas IGA has now changed it to 1476.
Source?

CV legends could have easily fit into the timeline with 20 years to spare. More then enough time for Trevor to grow into the Belmont warrior we all know.
It's not that the game does/doesn't fit, it's the fact that CVIII's story explains that it's the first time the Belmonts battle Dracula. Legends clearly (perhaps intentionally?) contradicts this, and then there's the presence of Alucard which he shouldn't even be there if you factor in Lisa & Dracula's courtship, etc. If Trevor wasn't originally established as "the first," then Legends could still be canon & we could have dozens more games taking place in the dark ages between the 12th-14th centuries fighting Dracula. Someone could argue "well Dracula prolly wasn't killed when Sonia fought him so it doesn't have to contradict CVIII," but that's just fanon now. One could argue "LoI contradicts CVIII," but Leon never engaged Mathias in battle. But to IGA-haters, there's just no convincing them, sadly.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:48:16 PM by Santa Clisis »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:04 AM »
Source?

Konami. They put out a timeline several years before IGA made his. It was mentioned in the Dungeon back in the 90's. I saw it back in 97.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 01:29:39 AM »
+2
When I was able to ask IGA a couple of questions on Facebook he said he removed Legends because "it ignored Castlevania's look". So IGA really hates Legends. I really think that's the reason. That and the fact that he wanted to make his own origin story. 

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 05:17:27 AM »
Gabriel Belmont!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:59 AM »
I don't really know, but if I were to pick one, it'd probably be Reinhardt.
Also, I wonder how'd you guys react if someone were to pick Kokoro Belmont (from Otomedius, in case you forgot) as their favorite. I also wonder why she has to be shoehorned as Julius' freakin' sister.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »
I also wonder why she has to be shoehorned as Julius' freakin' sister.

Maybe cause her popularity was virtually zero with how she was presented and all. Not only that but her sense of fashion isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Even I could have given her a much better outfit (And a more appropriate whip too).

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
X-sama, I don't think many people play girly-themed shmups for the clothing styles...

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 12:48:22 AM »
I guess Sonia would be my all-time favourite non canon Belmont.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »
Can't not be a Sonia Belmont fan. 

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »
Nathan because he can do the coolest stuff with the magic cards.

...Does he count?

Lone Wolf

Re: Favorite non-canon Belmont?
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
@Nagumo: Nice sig! ^__^

Btw, is Alucard a non-canon Belmont?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 07:21:08 AM »
Nathan because he can do the coolest stuff with the magic cards.

...Does he count?

That can sound random, but you remembered me of "Yu-Gi-Oh!" now, thinking about that now Im surprised that they didnt put a "Yu-Gi-Oh!" related enemy in POR Egypt's stage. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything