Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Fes

• Awards
Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo
« on: October 24, 2007, 02:25:25 PM »
I'm surprised there's no topic for this yet. Anyone else playing it? Been a fan of UT since the original in 99, didn't like 2k3 nearly as much. 2k4 was better but still not as good as the original I thought.

UT3, however, seems like it will take the top slot though. The weapons are great, the movement is great... the entire feel of it is just spot on to me. Unfortunately there's only 1 vCTF map in the demo, but it's a good one (also 2 DM maps, but DM doesn't really interest me).

There are of course issues that I hope they address (mostly with the UI, but a couple balance issues as well), but even in its beta state, it's great and well worth a try.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »
I agree, it's fargin' awesome. I can't believe how well some devs can make a good-looking engine run, while others chug on even the most modern equipment. UT3 runs flawlessly with everything maxed on my Pentium D 930 and X1800XT in Vista.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:33:37 PM »
In Reply To #2

yeah the unreal engine is really a marvel of modern programming and it always has been since Unreal 1. Its my fav engine from a mod/design standpoint as well as gaming.

As far as UT3 goes Ive seen it but dont really care for that type of multiplayer. Im all about the slow deliberate pace of games like CoD MoH etc.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:36 PM »
In Reply To #3

Original UT and 04 hold a dear place in my heart. Though, overall, I enjoy quake 3 more. It's the greatest FPS game of all time, no comparisons 'cept UT and some others. Strangely though I get an error when trying to run the UT demo. Thing is, I can run MOH:A and Bioshock slightly under full settings. Though I can pretty much gurantee the demo is probably pretty buggy as the Bioshock one was. MOH: Allied Assault is one of the funner FPS games online, and game play wise is beautiful.

Tags:

anything