Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586964 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
Im about 20 hours in on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and havent even got to the 3* quests yet *_* such a good game... very hard but soo sooooo good

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
I don't envy you, trudging through the Torvus Bog (though hearing Red Soil Swampy Area's arrangement probably helps a lot).
I'm playing Pokemon Platinum in order to get the last little critters I'm missing.

Good god! Does it ever! Love that arrangement. It's probably my second favorite piece after the Ridley battle music's many incarnations.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:33 AM »
Returning to Lost in Shadow. Crazy to think I haven't touched this since last July, almost a full year (four days short). Seems I do most of my video gaming in the summer since it can get so hot I don't wanna do anything but sit as still as possible in my basement.

Great game, doesn't seem to get much recognition. Been seeing it in my Walmart for ten bucks next to all the throwaway budget games and that's just a crying shame. One of the past decade's most fun and creative sidescrollers deserves better than that.

What makes it even better is that the mood, theme, and graphics remind me a lot of Ico, which is one of the greatest, most enjoyably atmospheric games ever. It also gives me heavy feelings of Super Metroid and Limbo, which is always a good thing.

Maybe Hudson Soft will do a sequel for this thingy.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
Totally agreed there, my friend. That's the next one on my list even. Just got back to where I was the first time I tried it out on my old wii.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
I thought Hudson Soft died...?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »
They're done for? That sucks. :( Maybe the key designers for Lost in Shadow will form a small company and make games for the OUYA. ;)

I just ordered another game that the team did, a Marble Madness- and Super Monkey Ball-style game called Kororinpa: Marble Mania. Looks like a ton of fun. I'm sure I'll pick up the sequel before long.

Sucks so bad about Hudson though, to see an important developer like that fall apart. Gonna hold a candlelight vigil while playing DoReMi Fantasy.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »
They're done for? That sucks. :( Maybe the key designers for Lost in Shadow will form a small company and make games for the OUYA. ;)

I just ordered another game that the team did, a Marble Madness- and Super Monkey Ball-style game called Kororinpa: Marble Mania. Looks like a ton of fun. I'm sure I'll pick up the sequel before long.

Sucks so bad about Hudson though, to see an important developer like that fall apart. Gonna hold a candlelight vigil while playing DoReMi Fantasy.

Yeah I think they were shut down a good while ago, though the name might still be kept around for shovelware purposes. They were planning to do a new Bloody Roar to :/

Aside from Dungeon Defenders I've been playing what may just be a forgotten classic on the PS1 - "Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman" think God Hand on the PS1 and you'll have something of the idea.

Since everyone here kept praising it I also got Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Been playing it a bit today and so far not that impressed. I understand most of the praise comes from the story these days but so far it seems like it's going to be a fairly standard twisty turny plot. I will give it time though.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »
I finally picked up a copy of Nier, and it has exceeded my wildest expectations. Easily the best RPG I've ever played.

I'm only half-way through the game though. It's really long and its got me all excited.  ;D
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
I haven't played anything recently. All I do is work.  :-[

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
Been playing Eternal Daughter bit by bit. That game is...tricky, to say the least.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »
Ive been playing a LOT of games recently. The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection for the PStripple, Ninety-Nine Nights for the Xbawks, and Tactics Ogre for the PSPee. I'm expecting Ninety Nine Nights 2, Lord of Shadows, and Hokuto no Ken, AND Dragon's Dogma soon as well. O_O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2012, 02:48:23 AM »
I just recently started on Deadly Premonition. Although some of it is irritating and unintentionally (?) funny, I'm still getting sucked into the story, and it does have its charm. I told myself I wouldn't do any side missions, but I did a few just to kill time before some of the main missions were available, and now I'm in full-on Collect Friggin' Everything mode, as usual with games like this.

Oh well. It's still fun overall, so far.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »
Recently picked up Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and am giving Rhythm Thief a go. They're both really fun and great rhythm games with their own merits.  T:FF has select songs from the FF OSTs and a neat little RPG system while Rhythm Thief is really story driven with a wide variety of minigames with little point and click style segments with puzzles in between.

If I had to recommend one, I'd say Rhythm Thief as it needs more love and is on a limited print run, so if you don't get a copy now, you'll probably miss out.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »
Dark Souls. My gosh this game is like one huge death trap and you can never rest it's one surprise after an other. Where do I even begin.

Going to continue ToV tomorrow.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2012, 08:43:10 PM »
Now playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana
and
Portal 2.

STEAM SUMMER SALE!  I paid less than $10 for both together!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything