Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586920 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2012, 10:54:58 PM »
I just recently started on Deadly Premonition. Although some of it is irritating and unintentionally (?) funny, I'm still getting sucked into the story, and it does have its charm. I told myself I wouldn't do any side missions, but I did a few just to kill time before some of the main missions were available, and now I'm in full-on Collect Friggin' Everything mode, as usual with games like this.

Oh well. It's still fun overall, so far.

I freagin' love Deadly Premonition. It's basically Twin Peaks: The Video Game with a really unique ending—the kind that I think makes even SUDA51 look a little ordinary. And the side quests are mandatory.

Looking forward to the PS3 director's cut, hoping it gets released here.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on MK Arcade Kollection on the PS3, one of those rare times I'll actually fire up the system.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2012, 11:50:17 AM »
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on MK Arcade Kollection on the PS3, one of those rare times I'll actually fire up the system.

I loved playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. It had every character in all the three games and they were all playable. I found it being the ultimate expression of the Mortal Kombat trilogy.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
I like playing the very latesst MK and playing MKT in tantem... though my MKT is the N64 one.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
Dark Souls. My gosh this game is like one huge death trap and you can never rest it's one surprise after an other. Where do I even begin.

Going to continue ToV tomorrow.
I bought Dark Souls at midnight and still haven't finished it. I've just been so lazy with it.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2012, 05:16:19 AM »
I bought Dark Souls at midnight and still haven't finished it. I've just been so lazy with it.

One advice, take your time with the game, don't rush to finish it, because once you get to a new game+, even with a 120+soul level and the highest equipment, you will still find yourself in a tight spot.  ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

One advice, take your time with the game, don't rush to finish it, because once you get to a new game+, even with a 120+soul level and the highest equipment, you will still find yourself in a tight spot.  ;)
And that's why I love these games. I'm nearing the end(at least I think I am) but ever since I started working I haven't been able to play as much. Hooray for being an adult...  :-\

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
I just got Lords of Shadow and the Hokuto no Ken game for the PS3. Which one should I play first guyyyssssss

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
And that's why I love these games. I'm nearing the end(at least I think I am) but ever since I started working I haven't been able to play as much. Hooray for being an adult...  :-\

I just got half month to my new job and i'm working 15 to 17 hours per day 6 days a week..............no time even to sleep for me.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
The English voice acting for the HnK game is...surprisingly good. :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2012, 12:08:37 AM »

So true I am like level 50+ and you can still die from the normal enemies from the firelink shrine, What happened to me in the last two days is this

Went to the forest to level up killed all those spirits except the thief one keeps showing up and the monks with the magic, mace,and axe,shot a talking cat because it annoyed me got my ass kicked by a giant wolf with a BFS for who knows how long, upgraded my weapons, ventured into the sewers just to get cursed, went back into the sewers and saw the big ass dragon and used that white stick that brings you back to the last bonfire(scared the crap out of me) went back died and fought it again wining this time got the key to blighttown and took a leap of death when I got there, went again to die this time returning to the firelink shrine just to find out that the fire soul keeper has died and now the main bonfire has died out. Not to mention that my game has been invaded in the pass two days with me dieing only once.

So yeah Dark Souls one heck of a game and that's just two days

Also

Rage Quit : Dark Souls
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:58 AM »
I loved playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. It had every character in all the three games and they were all playable. I found it being the ultimate expression of the Mortal Kombat trilogy.

UMK3 didn't have Raiden or Johnny Cage. MK Trilogy on PS1 , Saturn, and N64 are where these 2 got added along with Baraka, and classic versions of Kung Lao, Kano, Jax, and Raiden.

The MKT I possess is the PS1 one, first revision. It's incredibly buggy, but that was fixed for Rev 1.1 aka the Greatest Hits version.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:40 AM »
That's the one with the Shang Tsung loadtime morphs?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
Well, after months of not playing Dark Souls I popped it in a beat three bosses. I was pretty pleased with myself. 8)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »
Been too busy the last couple days to play much of anything except an old TSR gamebook right before bed. Looking forward to the release of "Orcs Must Die! 2" in about a week. My SO was a huge fan of the original and this new installment will have co-op and hopefully be better supported for the PC. I've never gotten too deeply into the "Trap-em-up" genre despite owning all of Tecmo's "Deception" series.

Debating whether or not to buy "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" or "Rocket Knight" while they're still on the steam sale.

Tags: