Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587250 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #465 on: February 24, 2013, 03:48:50 AM »
+1
Been playing Ys I Chronicles Plus, the combat's very simple and yet it somehow manages to be fun to me. Though I have to ask, what's with the huge power jump between levels? At level 1 I run for dear life whenever I get hit, and when I got to level 2 I'm suddenly WTFPWNing every mook I see barehanded. Don't tell me Normal's actually the grade schooler difficulty. >.>
...Yeah, it's still only early game, so I can't really tell for sure.

I wish you good luck with that game, even with max level and stats, you'll still have a lot trouble with enemies at later and final stages,but the real challenge, will be the final boss.........oh boy, i was playing it on my psp and i got so angry, that i almost broke my psp with my fist landing on the screen, before i get back to my senses and stopping my self from throwing it on the wall....... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #466 on: February 24, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »
+1
Started replaying "Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened" I played a few hours of it a couple years ago but then got distracted. Starting over from scratch. Looks to be a fairly decent though poorly optimized game. I mean it's Sherlock Holmes vs. Cthulhu, how can you miss?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
+1
Im playing OoE, Im on more or less 56% of the castle, found the secret exit with more glyphs and already 100%'ed all maps except that Cave with the powerful monsters, also I've all items and glyphs from all enemies that I've encountered (its like pokemon, I need to catch'em all lol). Since I have the headgear from the Peeping Eye now I can stop hitting every wall/ceiling/floor that I encounter.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #468 on: February 25, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »
+1
hmmm mostly kiddie games on the ios like smurf life, my little pony, littlest pet shop, smurf's village, nemo's reef.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:58 AM »
+1
Just got back into Vindictus.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
+1
Black Ops 2 all weekend!!! Double XP FTW!!!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:39 AM »
+1
I'm playing LoS from the beginning, i want to finish it, before i start MoF.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #472 on: February 26, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »
+1
a lil MDK (MDK2 when I'm done)
a lil Beat Hazard

But Mostly Halo PC, Multiplayer is still pretty strong

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
+1
Apart from the MoF demo, I've also been trying the demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I am not sure if I get this game at all. It's my first experience with the series, and I've heard it's really good. The demo did not click at all for me so I'm kinda confused. The combat is kind of...stiff. I guess it's meant to be like that, and I'm sure the game is "rewarding" or whatever. But right now I'm thinking the game is not for me at all. The camera is awful too. I feel like I'm missing something or not "doing it right" maybe. I am probably not gonna give the series another chance, unfortunately. I'll wait for Fire Emblem instead, or something...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #474 on: February 26, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »
+1
Dont give up on Monster Hunter. Its hard to get into but once you do your hooked... its all over with! It may not seem very rewarding but when you take down a big monster for the first time after failin 20 or so times and 1 battle takes like an hour youll feel a great sense of accomplishment! The controls are stiff and yes its on purpose. Its because its the exact opposite of a hack n slash game. Each move has to be carefully considered or you will lose!

That said I prefer the setting of the games before 3. For some reason 3 just didnt jive with me as well. Portable 3rd is awesome tho

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #475 on: February 26, 2013, 08:22:25 PM »
+1
I'm playing LoS from the beginning, i want to finish it, before i start MoF.

replay some of los myself I just cannot get all the achievements in this
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: February 26, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »
+1
I'm playing Order of Ecclesia, since it is the most recent handheld Castlevania until MoF comes out. I've already played through the main game, and now am on hard mode on the same file. Hard mode is pretty damn ridiculous on a new game. It feels perfect for a New Game + though. I'm going for all the boss medals.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2013, 04:46:20 AM »
+1
Apart from the MoF demo, I've also been trying the demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I am not sure if I get this game at all. It's my first experience with the series, and I've heard it's really good. The demo did not click at all for me so I'm kinda confused. The combat is kind of...stiff. I guess it's meant to be like that, and I'm sure the game is "rewarding" or whatever. But right now I'm thinking the game is not for me at all. The camera is awful too. I feel like I'm missing something or not "doing it right" maybe. I am probably not gonna give the series another chance, unfortunately. I'll wait for Fire Emblem instead, or something...

The same thing happen to me, when i tried it on the PSP.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: February 27, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »
+1
MIIIIIINECRAAAAAAFT
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #479 on: February 27, 2013, 07:25:49 AM »
+1
Thats all Ive been playin too! You make your own cv4 Simon skin?

Tags:

anything