Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586687 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #495 on: April 17, 2013, 03:19:27 AM »
+1
I'm nearly finishing Dragon's Dogma for the PS3, a very good action RPG, that i have enjoyed.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #496 on: April 17, 2013, 08:11:35 AM »
+1
I need to get it on ps3 and give it another go. I have it on xbox and never really got into it

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #497 on: April 17, 2013, 09:01:26 AM »
+1
I need to get it on ps3 and give it another go. I have it on xbox and never really got into it

Then you can get the new version, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen that's coming out 24 of this month.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #498 on: April 17, 2013, 02:41:09 PM »
+2
awesome I had no idea! thanks for the heads up!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #499 on: April 27, 2013, 03:12:09 AM »
+1
Recently played Spec Ops: the Line since it was recently added to PS Plus. Loved it...the story was great. Although people said it had cookie-cutter gameplay, I thought it was pretty fun. I actually wish it had more sandstorms, though...it gave some of the areas a somewhat hellish look, and those were some of my favorite parts.

After that, I moved on to Double Dragon Neon and beat all 3 skill levels (Maxed-out Spin Kick and Absorb tapes made it a lot less challenging than I thought it would be). This game grew on me even more during the past several days of playing it...I wish I didn't go through it so fast. Hopefully there's a sequel down the road.

Now I just started playing Soul Reaver...I just beat the first boss. Not liking it as much as the first game, though. It's got that awkward 3d platforming that lots of PS1 and N64 games seemed to have. Really like the story so far, I just hope the gameplay gets a little more interesting.

(Also, I never finished the first game. I killed Moebius, but encountered a bug that wouldn't let me progress any further. Had to watch the final parts of the game on Youtube. Dammit. :( )
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #500 on: April 27, 2013, 04:40:02 AM »
+1
I have so many games I'm playing right now it's ridiculous.  But at the moment, I'm focusing on the two Oracle Zelda games.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #501 on: April 27, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
+1
Free Solitare on my Android.    :-X
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
+1
I have so many games I'm playing right now it's ridiculous.

Oy, same. It's actually taking some discipline on my part to just play through entirely and beat a game, instead of starting it up, getting a few hours in, then putting it on the backburner for a couple years. Then when it comes time to playing again, I feel lost and dunno where to start, so I erase my save and begin again.

Did that with WayForward's A Boy and His Blob last night. Gonna just stick to this game until I beat it and not get all ADD and be all, "Ooh, I wanna do this now!" Gotta do the same with animu series; sticking with Tekkaman Blade till I finish it!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #503 on: April 28, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »
+1
Did that with WayForward's A Boy and His Blob last night. Gonna just stick to this game until I beat it and not get all ADD and be all, "Ooh, I wanna do this now!" Gotta do the same with animu series; sticking with Tekkaman Blade till I finish it!

Got the NES cart for that a few weeks ago, it came with the instructions but I'm still pretty lost lol. I figure I'll wind up using a walkthrough even though it's a puzzle game.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #504 on: April 28, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »
+1
One of my brothers had the NES game and it was mega-weird. Can't recall if we ever beat it or got close to, but we eventually learned our way through various rooms and obstacles.

Might be fun to revisit someday. The Wii game is much more basic.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »
+1
Watching the LP of the hilariously bad "Painkiller: Overdose" http://lparchive.org/Painkiller-Overdose/ has caused me to decide to try and finally finish the original game. Decided to restart since my previous save started oh, about 3 or 4 years ago. A little miffed that I've already come across a locked level on normal difficulty.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:06:07 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #506 on: May 15, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »
+1
Playing through Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut, and just like the first time playing on the 360, it's consuming my life. Except this time around I've actually seen Twin Peaks, and it's increasingly obvious how much was culled/ripped off from that. I don't mind, though; playing a Twin Peaks video game that shares a bit with Silent Hill while being uniquely its own is fine by me.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #507 on: May 16, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »
+1
So I've been shredding in some Battle Toads Double Dragon the past few nights. I dont ever remember it being this fun way back then! The life bars definitely remind me of CV too.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #508 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »
+1
Asphalt7 on the ios. Get it while it's free.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2013, 07:12:26 AM »
+1
New Super Mario Bros. U. Beat it last night. First Mario game I've beaten in a long while. Now there is some after game content unlocked to clear. Woot!
"Stuff and things."

Tags: