Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587425 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #675 on: September 06, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »
It's not just the adjustable adapter you have right? Do you also have a japanese transformer?

This

If you don't have one over time you can blow a famicom out and I'm sure that the sharp is 100v.

http://famicomworld.com/workshop/tech/famicom-power-adaptor/

Here is where I got my info before I got my FC

I think that's exactly what happened. I had heard conflicting sides of whether or not I needed a step-down transformer, so I decided not to buy one initially. I think whenever I get mine fixed/replaced, I'll use an adjustable AC adapter I purchased from Amazon.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #676 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »
You should play it Ratty, I have the PS1 and PS2 versions around (PS2 via Street Fighter Alpha Anthology), the PS1 versions nice, but is missing some key animations (like knocking your opponent around the world, one of the games best animations IMO). I do want the Saturn version in my collection, especially when I found out some of the Darkstalker characters had renames when the series came to America. Lei Lei was one, and I prefer this name to the one Capcom gave her in the west. Hsien-Ko doesn't necessarily roll off the tongue as well as Lei Lei does, and especially now that I'm starting to want to get into Darkstalkers, and because I'm also on a heavy Capcom fighting game fever craze right now.

Plus the Saturn version of Pocket Fighter has voice acting for the ending, but sadly not in English, doesn't matter though as the game is very charming.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #677 on: September 07, 2013, 05:51:57 AM »
About FF7, I just couldn't get myself to play it. I find the old 3D to very very ugly, the beggining of the game to be very modern for FF, and the soundtrack to be very major mode sometimes (very epic some other times) for my tastes.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #678 on: September 08, 2013, 01:19:43 AM »
I'll admit when playing FF7 I have to turn on the red arrows pointing to the exits because sometimes I can't tell that's what they are

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #679 on: September 08, 2013, 01:27:42 AM »
replaying all the kingdom hearts games on emulators for HD and Widescreen
Just beat a Translated KH2 Final Mix (cause that's the only way til 2015)
Forgot how good these games are, takes around 35+ hours to beat and more hours for the extra stuff...
Hell, I 110% LoS PC in 33 hours and only beat it around 20 hours...

I forgot how games used to be so long and enjoyable...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #680 on: September 08, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
I just finished Tomb Raider 2013 for the PC. I thought it was just bland, standard AAA game paste.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #681 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »
Do you also have a japanese transformer?

Pocket Fighter on MAME, PS1, Saturn, or on my PS2, any way I can play it. It's a game most dismiss as a children's version of Street Fighter, but those folks would be very very wrong, it's quite the complex fighter, and it's where my Sakura avatar comes from (that and Super Puzzle Fighter II of course).

I challenge you to a duel :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #682 on: September 08, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
man I miss the old g1 transformers

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #683 on: September 11, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
I recently picked up The Elder Scrolls Anthology yesterday. God dayam! I never though Bathesda would ever put one together. It has all the main titles: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. It also comes with detailed maps and all the DLCs for TES 3, 4 and 5.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #684 on: September 11, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »
wow wtf whend they do that? Id prolly buy it just for the extra stuff even tho I already got the games

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #685 on: September 11, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »
I recently picked up The Elder Scrolls Anthology yesterday. God dayam! I never though Bathesda would ever put one together. It has all the main titles: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. It also comes with detailed maps and all the DLCs for TES 3, 4 and 5.
Wow! That sounds as a great collection item! Is it available in retail or just as digital download?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #686 on: September 11, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »

I challenge you to a duel :P

........ahh no.....  :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #687 on: September 12, 2013, 02:10:44 AM »
You should play it Ratty, I have the PS1 and PS2 versions around (PS2 via Street Fighter Alpha Anthology), the PS1 versions nice, but is missing some key animations (like knocking your opponent around the world, one of the games best animations IMO). I do want the Saturn version in my collection, especially when I found out some of the Darkstalker characters had renames when the series came to America. Lei Lei was one, and I prefer this name to the one Capcom gave her in the west. Hsien-Ko doesn't necessarily roll off the tongue as well as Lei Lei does, and especially now that I'm starting to want to get into Darkstalkers, and because I'm also on a heavy Capcom fighting game fever craze right now.

Plus the Saturn version of Pocket Fighter has voice acting for the ending, but sadly not in English, doesn't matter though as the game is very charming.

You should try out the Darkstalkers OVA, some parts of the plot(s) might be a bit hard to follow (it's based on a Capcom fighter after all) but the animation is gorgeous and it's surprisingly faithful to the game story. The Saturday Morning cartoon is funny but only if you're into painfully cheesy, badly written and worse animated 90s cartoons.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #688 on: September 12, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
Wow! That sounds as a great collection item! Is it available in retail or just as digital download?

No, it's retail. It would be too big to download otherwise.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #689 on: September 12, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
You should try out the Darkstalkers OVA, some parts of the plot(s) might be a bit hard to follow (it's based on a Capcom fighter after all) but the animation is gorgeous and it's surprisingly faithful to the game story. The Saturday Morning cartoon is funny but only if you're into painfully cheesy, badly written and worse animated 90s cartoons.

Ahh Darkstalkers. Ahh how I would love for Lilith to suck me dry.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags:

anything