Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586889 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1500 on: September 30, 2017, 04:08:28 AM »
Metroid Samus Returns. It's great so far!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline JayDominus

• Count Janus Dominus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1501 on: October 02, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »
Sonic Mania. I needed some therapy after the atrocity that was Sonic: Lost World (aka the first Sonic game I actively and unapologetically HATED and I even had some nice things to say about Sonic 2006) and this game is just what I needed.
Also Sonic 2 HD got a beautiful demo version with Emerald Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone and Hill Top Zone in it. Great stuff, everyone should definitely check it out: https://sonic2hd.com

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1502 on: October 02, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
Sonic Mania. I needed some therapy after the atrocity that was Sonic: Lost World (aka the first Sonic game I actively and unapologetically HATED and I even had some nice things to say about Sonic 2006) and this game is just what I needed.
Also Sonic 2 HD got a beautiful demo version with Emerald Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone and Hill Top Zone in it. Great stuff, everyone should definitely check it out: https://sonic2hd.com

Aww yeah I've been playing that too!  It's... it's a mania.  It's freaking great.  I can gush about it all day, but yeah I had a lot of fun playing this.  Lots of love went into it.

Haven't gotten to Sonic 2 HD's demo, but will do so soon hopefully.

(also I've got 9 hours on Sonic Mania.  Sonic Lost World only has 8 hours... and I bought it long before Mania of course.)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1503 on: October 03, 2017, 07:52:42 AM »
Star Fox 2. Not bad at all. Amazing experience to play a brand new SNES game in 2017.
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1504 on: October 03, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »
Just bought Cuphead on X1 and it's one of the most unique games I've ever played with its 1930's cartoon graphics and Contra run n' gun gameplay. Absolutely love it.

My brother-in-law plans on selling me his X1 when he gets the new one, and this is the first game I plan on getting. It looks amazing.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1505 on: October 04, 2017, 01:25:25 AM »
Fortune Street DQ & FF 30th anniversary demo
I love it! I just have to win against the AI to get the free theme. It is hard because this version has Chinese menus and subs (Asian PSN) and there is no way that they'd localize this game in English. I hope the main release can allow me to switch to the Japanese menu.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1506 on: October 22, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »
Just finished my playthrough of Blood, Cryptic Passage, and Plasma Pak, and...wow. Such an excellent game. The level design was just absolutely incredible, and the atmosphere was perfect through most of it. This was an excellent 90's shooter with a lot of personality...I'm almost sad that I finished it. This is probably going to be one of those games I revisit every year or so, just like the original Doom games.

I'm kind of glad that I played Cryptic Passage last (instead of Plasma Pak) because that castle level makes for a really good final level to the whole thing. Now time to go back to waiting patiently for the new Wolfenstein...
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline TriforceOfAether

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1507 on: October 23, 2017, 10:05:27 AM »
I'm currently playing The Witcher 2 and Dead Rising. Both games have formulas that I'm still getting used to and both are great so far. The chapter based system The Witcher 2 goes with was unexpected for me as I was expecting something more along the lines of third person Elder Scrolls, but the change is a welcome one. Dead Rising’s time system can get a little stressful at times but the pseudo NG+ option helps with some of the difficulty.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1508 on: October 23, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »
Got back into Dragon Age II. Finally passed the Qunari segment  :P  And just today i picked up a copy of Raiden V: director's cut. I'll check that out soon.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1509 on: October 23, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »
Rivals of Aether, It's basically the SF3 of Smash Bros.
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning, Finally played it... It's kinda like playing Vanilla WoW solo, but with simpler mechanics.
SMT Synchrocity Prologue, Jack Bros. Metroidvania.
Cuphead, It's basically if Gunstar Heroes, Contra, and Alien Soldier Gang-banged Betty-Boop. It's great.
The Vagrant, Surprisingly good for early access, if you like Vanillaware, you'll like this.
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero: Risky DLC, Welp, I'm not getting that $10 back...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1510 on: October 23, 2017, 11:06:02 PM »
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero: Risky DLC

It's out now? I've been waiting.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1511 on: October 24, 2017, 06:12:20 AM »
It's out now? I've been waiting.
It's out... but I'll go ahead and warn you, They didn't put much effort into this one, Risky herself is fine, but everything else is rather unchanged.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1512 on: October 24, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »
Well I wasn't expecting any real changes to be made. Risky is just another playable character which was what I thought from the start, so I'm not worried  :)

-UPDATE-

Downloaded and am still playing through Axiom Verge. Interesting game and I had completely forgot about it since it was made back in 2015.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:36:09 AM by X »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1513 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:00 AM »
I've tried the demo for Monsters of the Deep VR at a gaming convention. It was nice but I am not willing to buy a PSVR set.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1514 on: October 28, 2017, 02:43:41 AM »
I've been playing a lot of The Sims 3. I love designing houses 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: