Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586677 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1515 on: October 28, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »
I've been playing a lot of The Sims 3. I love designing houses 8)

Are you able to construct proper basements? That was always the issue I had with Sims 2.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1516 on: October 29, 2017, 02:47:54 AM »
Playing the new Wolfenstein...it's far, far more difficult than the previous two. I started out on Death Incarnate difficulty, and it's absolutely brutal. I had to end up going down two difficulty levels just to make some decent progress again. It's a good game, but levels are all over the place, it's not as convenient as it used to be when it comes to collecting items and gaining perks, and it just doesn't have the charm that The New Order (and The Old Blood) did. I'm starting to like it more, but it just feels a bit messy by comparison.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1517 on: October 29, 2017, 06:12:50 AM »
Decided to give STRAFE a try since it had a major update some time back, not disappointed at all.
Halloween is soon, meaning DUSK gets released, I've been waiting...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1518 on: November 07, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
Just gotten back to finishing up Final Fantasy XV. I stopped near the end, so I'm basically fartin around and completing other quests and leveling up my characters.

Anybody get a chance to play that The Mummy Demastered game? It looks like Castlevania meets Contra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rh4RcGXo8

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1519 on: November 07, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
So that game is based of the godawful tom cruise flick? The game looks cool, but the film was garbage I hear.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1520 on: November 07, 2017, 07:44:00 PM »
Curse of Issyos brings up another nostalgia of BGM music style which is so sorrow that brings me to the dark ages of Personal PC...which is cool but gameplay difficulty is WAY TOO unforgiving mainly due to limited continue times...
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1521 on: November 08, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »
So that game is based of the godawful tom cruise flick? The game looks cool, but the film was garbage I hear.
The film IS horrible. And from what I hear, the Dark universe is basically dead (for now, but Universal might take another crack at a "Universal Monster Cinematic Universe" sometime in the future, and here's hoping they ditch the dumb "super hero action" concept and play up what these movies ARE, horror). Those people I know that have played this said it's the BEST thing to come from the Dark Universe, and that it's sorta like Castlevania, Metroid and Contra with a dash of Dark Souls. From hearing bits of the music, it the OST seems to take inspiration from John Carpenter's style (basically now, the "Retro Wave" style). 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1522 on: November 16, 2017, 11:05:30 PM »
Just finished Ys VIII.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1523 on: November 21, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »
Currently I am playing Skyrim and Breath of the Wild on the Switch. And between them I play Castlevania DoS, PoR, OoE.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1524 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
Question Zuljaras.

Is Skyrim complete for the switch? Or did Bethesda get lazy with this one as well and we must download the majority of the game from the internet?

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1525 on: November 22, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
Question Zuljaras.

Is Skyrim complete for the switch? Or did Bethesda get lazy with this one as well and we must download the majority of the game from the internet?

A 100% is on the cartridge. With ALL 3 DLCs included in the game right from the start. You can download only patches and additional Languages and they are optional.

This is the best port on the Switch. I am really impressed by the quality of the game on the Switch. I hope Fallout is next!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1526 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »
The 2 Last Blade games, which made me bite the bullet and pick up the Japanese PS1 version of the original, then the 2 games on the PS2 Neo Geo Online Collection compilation.

The movesets make my thumb hurt like crazy using a PS2 pad in MAME, and PCSX2 (which is how I tested the quality of many PS2 Neo Geo games before buying them).

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1527 on: December 02, 2017, 02:44:43 AM »
Played a quick game of Rastan on the Taito Collection. I don't ever remember that game not allowing continues on the last level. I could've sworn I've beaten it before, but then again, I seriously doubt I could finish the final level on one credit. (That sort of restriction in older games is total bullshit, IMO...right up there with DMC-style performance grading on my list of gaming pet peeves)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:46:43 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1528 on: December 02, 2017, 06:28:39 PM »
I got a sony trinitron last week so Ive been playing my NES! Metroid, Bionic Commando, Mega Man 2... and of course CV2!

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1529 on: December 02, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »
Lately I've dabbled a little in three games: CrossCode on Steam, as well as Mario Odyssey and Mario+Rabbids.

Tags:

anything