Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Silent Hill: Origins coming to PS2  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
I'm excited. I was considering buying the PSP version, but then it was announced this week that it's getting a PS2 port, so I'll wait for that.

Curious how they'll handle the wide aspect ratio on a standard TV, if they'll do black bars, or what.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:04:36 AM »
Ugh...PSP is such a great system,  but no one buys its games...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »
They should have never made the game for PSP in the first place. Silent Hill isn't the type of game to play on a handheld. It's much too immersive and needs to be experienced on a TV with big speakers, and unfortunately I don't have an HDTV, so I can't play my PSP on a TV.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Silent Hill: Origins coming to PS2
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:24:37 AM »
It is actually really good on psp if you play it like you are supposed to. Completely dark room with headphones. I bumped into some fire at the start of the game and the main characters grunt scared me. I was expecting a monster to jump out or something.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 09:12:43 AM »
Yeah, I thought it worked really well on the PSP.  I didn't have any of the issues I thought I would have, like ineffective music/sound or muddy visuals.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 11:29:39 AM »
It is one of the best games that came out ever for PSP!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Nina

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 04:22:45 AM »
I have heard that Silent Hill Origins will contain some explanations for the other games in the series. For example the from where the monsters are coming from and stuff like that. Does it ? I really like Silent Hill(especially the third one)but I think the story is to complex. :P

Steve

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 03:24:30 AM »
In Reply To #7

Those things have already been explained in previous games and supplementary materials.  Origins is similar to Silent Hill 2 in that it just tells the personal story of one person who gets caught up in the town.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »
what's wrong with playing with speakers?

Steve

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »
Having the sound piped directly into your ears just makes it that much more immersive.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »
The PSP needs its own library of games. If they keep porting stuff to the PS2, what's the incentive for anyone to get a PSP in the first place?  :P

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 06:05:45 AM »
ooooh ok.

Tags:

anything