Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Things that should be brought back  (Read 8522 times)

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Things that should be brought back
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »

I certainly had a lot more fun with Richter mode in PoR than I had with Julius mode in DoS.
 if you ask me, there's nothing wrong with storyline-less EXTRA Modes, and i don't see how Julius Mode is any better, seeing as you get jack shit payoff for frusterating game play and tedius grinding.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 07:35:29 AM »
I don't remember Bloodlines having directional attacks.... But I alsoonly beaten it once and I used the spear more. But when I said directional I meant like CV4, a nice 8 direction, all around attack. I dont think anythign had that after cv4.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 09:20:11 AM »
Richter mode in por bored me to death. It didn't help that they copied over a bunch of stuff from Julius to him, didn't add even one new sprite (everything that seems new was in sotn too, though sometimes unused) and used the fugly rondo neony palette. :o

I'd rather have the "itemless, storyless, pointless" extra mode be selectable like the difficulty level for any of the character modes (that includes the first main mode too).

Offline gamegrinder

• Retrois Gamerus
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Things that should be brought back
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
Bring back the flame-whip!  ;)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »
Richter mode in por bored me to death. It didn't help that they copied over a bunch of stuff from Julius to him, didn't add even one new sprite (everything that seems new was in sotn too, though sometimes unused) and used the fugly rondo neony palette. :o

Yeah Richter mode was gay, it took me like 2 weeks to fully explore the castle cuz you can't take more than 2 or 3 hits or you die. God they made Richter seem like a megapussy. He has like no D and no way to increase his defense just get more health which takes forever. The Richter mode in SOTN was WAYYYYY
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:39:25 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything