Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Chaos And Dracula  (Read 6385 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 08:50:18 AM »
This is why I like Mathias, he is no Griffith, but unlike Vlad, he wasn't born into nobility waiting to inherit a throne. He was a human who has acquired god-like powers through his own means.

Dracula in the Bram Stoker novel also obtain powers through his own means after losing his wife to suicide. And if I'm not mistaken Mathias would have had to be born of some form of nobility or high ranking social status in order to acquire the position that he was in LoI. No commander of an army during that time period was going to hire a lower class man with no battle experience to become his most trusted tactician during one of history's most bloodiest wars.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »
Dracula in the Bram Stoker novel also obtain powers through his own means after losing his wife to suicide. And if I'm not mistaken Mathias would have had to be born of some form of nobility or high ranking social status in order to acquire the position that he was in LoI. No commander of an army during that time period was going to hire a lower class man with no battle experience to become his most trusted tactician during one of history's most bloodiest wars.

He was already a count during the time of LoI.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 09:47:49 AM »

I thought Dracula loosing his wife that drives him to become a vampire was only brought up in Coppola's 1992 movie adaptation, correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
I thought Dracula loosing his wife that drives him to become a vampire was only brought up in Coppola's 1992 movie adaptation, correct me if I'm wrong.

That's right. And contrary to what many people say, Dracula isn't Vlad Tepes in the original novel, but rather a descendant

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »

He was already a count during the time of LoI.

Be that as it may, there's still a large gap between a Count and a King.

I don't specifically recall this brought up in the novel either.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
I'm going to be contrarian and offer my own interpretation of the Dracula-Chaos relationship.

I don't think that's being contrarian at all. It even uses the power of Dominance to challenge Soma's, as if it were wrestling the control from him. The rotating thing being the evil will of Dracula makes perfect sense.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 03:00:02 PM »
That's right. And contrary to what many people say, Dracula isn't Vlad Tepes in the original novel, but rather a descendant
Right it in fact does say this
(click to show/hide)

So this Lead one to think that it is his own race so it could be an ancestor. how ever then this is said

(click to show/hide)

Then in  Chapter 25 Both Mina and van helsing both talk about if the count was the same person that battled the turks, or it was one of his one of his race, that again could be an ancestor.

Its also worth  noting that to stoker came across the name Dracula, when he was look at Romanian history, and picked this name the F******  bad name  Count Wampyr. Also there was never in talk of Vlad III in his notes on the book.

So what i take from this is that, he wanted to the keep Count Dracula separate from Vlad III. But at the same time keep some mystery. So i have to say that i always saw him as the same, but its one of thsoe things thats never been confirmed.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags: