Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New official Castlevania site is up... is the series seriously back?  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hi everyone, so it seems this series revival is serious business, an official english (more like engrish but ok) site is up; we haven't had one since Lamment of innocence so I guess it's a good sign.

So far it only includes an incomplete release timeline and info on Requiem and the Netflix series. Super barebones stuff, I know, but it's Konami so I'm just glad they remember we exist.

https://www.konami.com/games/castlevania/eu/en/

Everything comes full circle

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: New official Castlevania site is up... is the series seriously back?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
They left out RoB which was done in 93'. But I guess they're still working on the site.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »
It’s a good sign, but I’ll feel more comfortable if they release a brand new game in the franchise instead of a two game port with the help of the company that made the system it’s releasing on.  At the very least, a more comprehensive multi-plat collection.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »
This is certainly a good sign, but we've had an official English site much more recently than Lament of Innocence...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »
New Pachi game.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »
Two things to make of the site.

- It seems to be a revival by Konami of Europe, seeing as the site lists European covers and names.
- The background to the website is artwork from Grimoire of Souls, a game Konami has yet to officially announce a localization for.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
Huh, I guess nobody explored Nagumo's link  :P
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
What really shocks me is that most  need a link to know about the site? did no one really know about this?
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 02:33:46 PM »
This is slightly off topic, but looking at that site I think they really need to come up with a new logo for Castlevania again. We’ve had this current one since Lament of Innocence and I never cared for it, at least not as much as the original, old one. Sooo, if Konami is never going back to that one we might as well have a brand new one again. It’s been 15 years or something already...

(EDIT: Yes, Judgment had a completely different logo, but that barely counts as an entry in the series)

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 05:07:40 PM »
This is slightly off topic, but looking at that site I think they really need to come up with a new logo for Castlevania again. We’ve had this current one since Lament of Innocence and I never cared for it, at least not as much as the original, old one. Sooo, if Konami is never going back to that one we might as well have a brand new one again. It’s been 15 years or something already...

(EDIT: Yes, Judgment had a completely different logo, but that barely counts as an entry in the series)

Funny you should mention that, Nintendo redid both the original English and Japanese logos for the series just for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Funny you should mention that, Nintendo redid both the original English and Japanese logos for the series just for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

These logos are old as fuck, tho.

And I don't mean "they are based on originals" no, I mean these same exact logos with these same exact details. Just see for yourself the english logo on this 2013 edit of Logopedia.

EDIT: No, it's not the same exact logo. Still, looks like Nintendo only made the outlines on the typography be internal or centered instead of external. Strikingly similar logos.

EDIT2: I reinstate what I said, it's the same exact logos. Both logos are the same from the original Castlevania boxart.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:27:42 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 12:49:58 AM »
At this point, I absolutely believe a new game announcement is around the corner.

Super Castlevania R lets go

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
These logos are old as fuck, tho.

Yes, but It's preferable over the current one.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
please no konami just let it fucking die already don't hurt us more
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 06:46:43 PM »
Maybe can we have Konami die instead of Castlevania? :-P

Tags:

anything