Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3D  (Read 6388 times)

Online Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 08:07:21 PM »
According to Wikipedia, the Tintin film will be 3D, which is a drag. I was even about to say, "I doubt it'll be 3D, because as much flak as Spielberg seems to get from a lot of people, he really holds true to the art of film for the most part, and wouldn't do something so gimmicky." Blah.

Oh well. At least I saw this on that same article:

"The Adventures of Tintin will be the first Spielberg film to be shot digitally. Although Spielberg is not completely unfamiliar with digital cinematography—having directed a scene in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith—the director has firmly stated that he still prefers working with film."

I love Spielberg for that, still desiring film. Actual film stock has a much more appealing look than hi-def digital cameras. A guy like him is needed in this "digital age," especially when it comes to home video and Blu-ray; Saving Private Ryan on Blu-ray is just as nitty-gritty grainy as it was in the theater, and I like for films to be preserved like that, whether gruff grain, soft grain, whatever, don't get rid of the grain, it's an intrinsic film element—you take that away and it destroys the integrity of the image.

</rant>
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 04:49:09 AM »
I'd rather not watch a cartoon from my childhood raped beyond comprehension.
but this is exactly what the movie industries are doing right now.
And as we all know they fail big time, especially when they try to make real life action movies of Japanime with American actors. (dragonball etc,)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 06:36:33 AM »
I'm not really big on 3d movies and I don't understand this 3d craze. Most movies don't use the 3d well enough, it just feels gimmicky, and I think there are a lot of films that 3d is unnecessary. But for some reason I'm really excited for the 3ds
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Tags:

anything