Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Batman? DEAD!?  (Read 8916 times)

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Re: Batman? DEAD!?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
Eh, I always preferred Terry McGuinness over Wayne, anyways. Better sense of humor. Especially the whole "Laught at Joker" thing from RotJ.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »
Quote from: Jorge D. Fuentes
Also "Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker" movie.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 11:35:04 PM »
Morrison's run on Batman so far has been really good.  There's a lot of meta in his fiction though so it helps to be particularly observant when you read his stuff.  There's a lot more to the story than Batman dying.

As for Batman Beyond, the animated universe has nothing to do with the comic universe.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 04:00:45 AM »
Though I find this twist gimmicky, they could turn it around into something good. Instead of the endless flashbacks of Bruce remembering the moment his parents were murdered, he could now see the whole thing differently; it could be worse. His father could be a callous, drug addicted bastard who staged his murder in front of his young son, killed his wife and later tried to kill him. With the way things are, at least he has fond memories of his parents to drive him night after night to kick the shit out of criminals.

Batmen you say? Reminds me of the Reign of Supermen. And look how that turned out.

There is no way they would permanently put Wayne out of comission. The whole scenario just seems impossible. I'd think Bob Kane had some fly's shit sized paragraph written into some contract that prevents this.

Also, who would even be fit to fill Wayne's shoes? Tim is the detectice. Dick is the acrobat. Jason is the street fighter. But alone they are just that. Wayne was/is all three of those.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:06:30 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 02:12:24 PM »
Also, who would even be fit to fill Wayne's shoes? Tim is the detectice. Dick is the acrobat. Jason is the street fighter. But alone they are just that. Wayne was/is all three of those.

And infinitely more.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 06:31:07 AM »
I hope you watched the uncut version, it's way more awesome and violent than the clean TV version!

Uncut DVD, sir.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »
wow i thought you meant adam west at first, i nearly shit my pants when i read that for the first time.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 10:03:15 AM »
According to the Tie ins, Tim Drake stays Robin. But Cassandra (The last batgirl iirc, part of the outsider which broke after Batman's "death") went out to gather people to recreate the Outsiders with people who are capable enough to be Batman, as a collective group.

But it leaves us off with Nightwing sounding like he'll stop her, and I hope she beats the living daylights out of him and throw him down into a pile of vile excess.

By the way, when I said Batman Beyond was semi decent, that means it was on par with Superman, the other tv show i liked quite a bit. But it just isn't batman.

I only assumed the Tim Drake bit solely because the Teen Titans comics had this future storyline (Titans of Tomorrow) where Tim actually does become Batman. But instead of putting bad guys in Bat-cuffs he shoots them. And they call him Tim-Batman.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 12:24:04 PM »
I know what you're talking about, but I never read it. In any case, it doesn't seem to happen here. i also heard there was a part where Tim Drake actually beat Batman in a fight, and I'd really like to see that.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
Or better yet, when Jason Todd tried to steal the Batmobile's wheels.  ;D

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 07:29:25 PM »
bruce won't be killed. pretty sure i read somewhere something about retirement. meantime, all evidence seems to point to dick taking the mantle.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
Dear god, I hope not, I hate that idiot.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »
Dick's ok. He's pretty good as Nightwing. But a Batman he is not. He's the wet dream of DC women and a charismatic leader (kind of like Bruce Wayne the playboy philanthropist) but lacks th grim, calculating edge. Batman's a brooding loner, Dick's kind of a swashbuckler.

I think some official source "revealed" Wayne survived. I reckon he'll return, announce he doesn't want to be Batman anymore. Cue a year or so of being out of the streets
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:51:05 PM by A-Yty »

Tags:

anything