Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Time Traveler Allegedly Spotted In 1940s Era Photograph.  (Read 4147 times)

LBPHeretic

Time Traveler Allegedly Spotted In 1940s Era Photograph.
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:57:06 PM »
I just read an article stating that a time traveler has been allegedly spotted in a circa 1940 picture taken in Canada. I realize that this is probably either a clever hoax, as the article provides evidence that supports the idea that it indeed may be an edited photograph, or some other sort of misinterpretation of the facts, but I thought it was an interesting article anyway. It made me think to myself "if time travel really is possible in the future, then should we not be seeing more out of place individuals captured on film or even in person in the present day?" Of course, it is likely that such individuals would most assuredly take some precautions so as not to draw attention to themselves, such as dressing in era appropriate attire and learning the cultural norms and generally accepted behaviors associated with the time period they are visiting. But it is also possible that time travelers follow no such rules, as stated above, and just have not been noticed by the general public, which could be the case of the man in the picture in the article. Anyway, I found the article to be thought provoking, if not revealing that it truly is a hoax, and I wanted to open it up to "Off Topic" discussion here.

Here is the link to the article: http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo/

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Time Traveler Allegedly Spotted In 1940s Era Photograph.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
It must be St. Germain :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:19:34 PM »
He must have used a....hot tub time machine.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:02:28 PM »
Know what screamed out to me the most upon first viewing that? The so-called time traveler is standing just BARELY in front of the guy behind his right shoulder. He'd be partially standing directly in the same spot the dude behind him is. The perspective's all wonky and thus is obviously a really shitty Photoshop job.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 12:33:20 AM »
He must have used a....hot tub time machine.

That movies awesome

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
LOL that movie's great.  xD

And the concept of time travel is so interesting to me... I'd imagine time travelers would have a whole costume shop available just so that they could blend in when in their travels.

Also:
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
theyd have a big set up like in Timeline... Lots of ppl hate that movie but I liked it /shrug

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
I can honestly tell you that even if you see a person with a striking resemblance to someone you know, it's likely not a time traveler. Think about it, Human's have around 20,000-25,000 genes with a 99.99 percent commonly shared genes. That only leaves 200-250 or so genes that really different us from one another. Whenever I factor this, it's not suprising why so many people come up to me at work asking if I'm "the son of this man, or related to this guy, or I know you, you went to my school. Wow, you look like my brother!" The fact everyone in my family looks alike, and that I look like a clone direct clone of my Grandfather... meh.... you get the idea.

So when it comes to time travel, no. It's likely a look alike. Also fashion and style has constantly been recycled since the dawn of time. Even medical breakthrough's are rehashed concepts of ancient methods of healing, such as using Honey on wounds, and leaching of the body's fluids.

But damn... it would of been awesome if there were time travels, because who wouldn't want to visit someone from the past, like meeting up with legendary figures like Peter Francisco, Marcus Crassus, or even the Greek philosophers of ol'. 

Then again, time travel would doom humanity to a paradox. But it's a fictional guilty pleasure.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »
jesus heret are you serious???a time traveler???like that???so if i dress with a green-orange jumpsuit with lolz glasses would i too be a time traveler??since all ppl assume time travelers are from the future...can't a time traveler be from the past??from an extinct race???like the Maias for example....

srly, i can't get ppl waisting time discussing such a trivial thing...even if the pic is real, so what???what's so different?show me real pics from that guy in different time periods, or a good photo of him in 19.early(oo) wearing a shirt written google...then i'll believe in you.

edit: sorry i didn't mean to bash your thread heret, i just found it silly!!!!!no offense.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:11:33 PM by Raphael Belmont »

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

LBPHeretic

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »
I am not offended by your words at all, Raphael Belmont. You are very much allowed to have your own opinion. If everyone had the exact same ideas and opinions on every subject in these threads, it would be a very boring forum to peruse, indeed. Opposing opinions and concepts in regards to the subject matter are what make reading these threads interesting. ;)

On a side note regarding my original post, I am pretty sure I have found evidence that the so called "time traveler" in the picture is wearing an era appropriate sweater. The letter 'M' emblazoned on his sweater matches the exact 'M' used on the Montreal Maroons' jerseys. The Montreal Maroons were a Canadian NHL hockey team from the early 1920s through the late 1930s, which would jive with the time frame for the picture in which the "time traveler" was photographed in. He likely procured the sweater while the hockey team in question was still in existence in the 1930s and just happened to be wearing it a few years later, in 1940, when the photograph was taken.

Here is a link to the Montreal Maroons' Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Maroons

Well, that seems to solve that mystery. Still, it is always fun to dream that time traveling really could be possible someday in the future. :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:37:54 PM by LBPHeretic »

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 07:15:54 AM »
Another photo of the time traveller!!!

http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/another-photo-of-hipster-time-traveller-found/

I don't know about you, but I really think he IS a time traveller, from the planet Zebulon. And he is a ghost too!! [/sarcasm]

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:14 AM »
I actually would like to buy a couple of those type of goggle like sunglasses he has. They really seem to protect his eyes nicely.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
In regards to your post LBPHeretic time travel is actually possible, it's just not doable right now due to Einstein's equasion: E-MC 2. There even was a romour that the sailors who took part in the philidalphia exparemnt traveled some forty years into the future before coming back. This was prior to having them becoma a part of the ship itself.  :(

In tearms of timetravel, it's all a matter of speed; lightspeed. By traveling up to the point of lightspeed, time slows down. by traveling beyond the speed of light, time will in theory, come to a stop and eventually reverse. By traveling even faster, time itself will begine to roll forwards again so traveling to the past or future is doable but because of energy constraints and lack of light drive we're kinda stuck here.  >:(

I also find that the concept of speed can also be atributed to the blades of a propellar or the hubcaps of a car. As they go faster, they blur, slow, reveres, speed up and so-on and so-fourth. nifty huh?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: