Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I have received one of the greatest gifts an 80's fan could ask for.  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Bad Wolf

• Born of the Time Vortex
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am returned from centuries slept
    • Awards
AN APPLE IIC.

In working order.

With all the original floppies intact. And some games.

I'm assembling it currently. Pics later.

The Monitor is having some issues, which probably have something to do with the 22 year old monitor connection cord. Fortunately, video cords of that manner are still manufactured. Will look into replacing it. Most disks work fine, except (ironically) the System Utilities disk. Fortunately again, my dad (in his geeky 80's wisdom) was able to back up the disk with a copy which works just fine. This will be a bit of a project, but I will prevail!
Buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum dum dum!

oo oo ooooo oooo-ooooo!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: I have received one of the greatest gifts an 80's fan could ask for.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 02:20:58 AM »
Hey, cool. Now that is retro 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
Re: I have received one of the greatest gifts an 80's fan could ask for.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:59:43 PM »
wow, an actual Apple II?  That's pretty awesome. It's pretty much everything PC today have tried to emulate, but never quit got it right.

I actual owned a former US navy IBM balistics PC. I still don't know how the hell it ended up getting bought by my step dad as a teenager, but it was intresting to look at. Overall though it was useless other then the intresting simulation tests for projectory. Actual, I use I had not been forced to give it up when my family was evicted. I certianly would of loved to of gone through it's memory files...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
That's effin retro! I still remember playing games such as Spy hunter, choplifter, Fat city and my most favoret title; Montizuma's revenge on the Apple II back in elementary school! Good find bro!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything