Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A li'l help maybe?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
Anyone here also happen to be a Chrono Trigger fan?  Any of those fans also fans of the music...who maybe also have or know where I might find some Chrono Trigger music in particular?  Maybe just someone with really good "Google-fu"?

I lost my MP3 about a year ago, and am starting to actually realize what that means...a large number of tracks I found for free somewhere online that I no longer have!  :'(

Lately I've really been missing a few Chrono Trigger tracks I'd found somewhere, but I haven't been able to find them again.  I think it was titled "Chrono Piano" on my MP3.  It was maybe 8-12 tracks of only a handful of the songs from Chrono Trigger, played on a piano.  I know for sure there was a track for the "Tyrano Lair" theme and one for the "Underground Sewers" theme, because those were my two favorites (and the ones I'm wishing I could hear right now.)  I don't recall many of the other tracks because those two were really the only ones I listened to...but I think there was one for the "Kingdom Trial" theme, "Frog's Theme", maybe the theme for "Robo Gang Johnny" too.

If anyone has or can find these songs for me (I am still looking too) I'd appreciate it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:07:25 AM »
Aridale,
Piracy is looked down upon, here, even when it's links to MP3's.
Go ahead and send him that link as a PM.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:43 AM »
:-S  Wait...they aren't pirated...I don't think.  :-S

They aren't like the original tracks or songs or anything...someone wrote their own arrangements based on the tunes from the game.  I guess some parts are the same or very similar to parts of the game's music -- does that make it piracy then?  Don't people rewrite or remaster (or whatever the word is) songs all the time?  I thought that made the difference. :-S  I'm sorry!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:47 AM »
He, Aridale (who's post seems to have been delete), linked to a torrent on the pirate bay for the Chrono Trigger OST.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »
Ah...I was wondering about that...now that part of the post make a little more sense.  Still, I do apologize if I've crossed a line. :-/  I don't know if there are any finer points in the rules of what is/isn't piracy, but I try to only get original arrangements that the composer him/herself offers.  Any direct soundtracks I own are ones I've purchased.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »
I knew I replied to this thread then saw it in the all unread list and was like wait a min... =D oh well! Anyway yeah you can find it very easily!

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 05:59:52 PM »
I'm looking for a specific something (that I can, unfortunately, remember next to nothing about! :-(  I'll be backing up everything from now on. :-P )...

...the arrangement I'd found, they artist played very skillfully, like this guy, but again, there were maybe only 8 or 10 songs he did, and comparing him to the guy in the video, I feel like what I had before had more variation from the original songs.  Maybe it actually is this guy, I don't even know...

I'm really kicking myself over this now.  Especially since I don't even have a clue when or where I might have lost that MP3 player, so I can't "retrace my steps" to find it again! :-/  I went to get it one day from the place I ALWAYS left it, and it wasn't there.  No idea when or where-to it was removed...I've turned my house, my parents' house, and my in-laws' house upside-down trying to find it...UGH, no luck. :-/

Tags: