Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 (now with Pokemon X & Y!)  (Read 47784 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Re: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
+1
I think it's pretty cool that
(click to show/hide)

Also, Jorge; what if there was...

Fire/electric? (yes, rotom had a oven form, but I'm talking an original Pokemon that is fire/electric.)
Fire/normal?
Fire/poison?
grass/fire?
water/fire?
fire/ice?

All the other types have been done with fire, so I think it would be interesting if they did this in the 6th generation, plus make fire the most common type in the region by having a lot of volcanoes in it (Ex: Washington/Oregon)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:07:41 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »
I can see something like Water/Fire if it's a steam/geyser Pokemon.
Fire/Normal is silly.  Almost as silly as Psychic/Normal (Girafarig).

Fire/Poison could work if they do some kind of Factory Fumes Pokemon.
Grass/Fire?  I don't think so.  Unless it's a WildFire evolution (like giving a grass weed/twig pokemon a Fire Stone or something).
Fire/Ice?  nahhhh.

Interesting bit of news there.
What they should do is add more to Far Rockaw---errr "Undella Bay" (it's based on Jamaica Bay haha... Long Island).

I'm from the NJ/NY area, so this game is particularly fun.
It's pretty cool that you start the game basically in LowerBound Brooklyn, and Driftveil City is basically either Union City, or Newark Bay Harbor (complete with the giant shipping containers), which is in my neck of the woods.

Nimbasa City is basically Madison Square Garden and Herald Square, what with its sports domes & whatnot.
Mistralton City has a small freight airport which corresponds to Teterboro Airport in NJ. :D  I used to WORK NEAR THERE! XD
Icirrus City is full of marshlands so it's probably Bergen County somewhere.  Looks too nice to be Secaucus (actual wetlands of NJ) so it's probably something like Ridgefield Park or something.
Tubeline Bridge looks as if a train ran across the center of the George Washington Bridge from NJ to NY.

Basically I'm fond of most of West Unova 'cuz it totally looks like places I've been to. :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:46:37 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
+1
Fire/normal pokemon could be based on a fire breather.
(HEY! DO NOT DISS Girafarig! Ghosts can't touch it!)  >:(
Grass/fire; I like your idea for it, jorge
fire/ice: Why not, jorge? It could be a yin/yang pokemon.  8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 04:50:16 PM »
You cannot realistically have an Ice/Fire combination unless it's some sort of alien/foreign material that would be hot and cold at once.

The closest thing I could think of would be a Dry Ice Pokemon, where touching it is so cold that it burns.  But that's not 'real' fire, nor is it 'real' steam emanating from Dry Ice (it's just that the materials that form Dry Ice are in a gas state at room temperature... they're 'burning' in room temperature since their natural environment is that of a subzero genre).

Ok, so that's kinda farfetched but it's the only thing I can think of at this point.

Anything/normal is weird.  I'm still weirded out that most birds are Flying/Normal.  Why not just plain Flying?  What gives?
PS- I also edited my older post with some stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »
+1
I never got that either, also how gust and razor wind were normal type in Gen 1.

And I'm not backing down from my fire/normal firebreather.

Fire/ice pokemon could be from a comet that crashed into the earth.

Think about it, Jorge.  8) ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:58:04 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »
That's about the only way it could work, if it's something like the planet Mercury where one side is scorching hot and the other side unbearibly cold.
Or a comet.
You know what's in comets?  Ices.  The type of ices Dry Ice would be made from. :P

Where the fuck is your friendcode already?
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »
+1
My family's internet is protected with security, and I don't know how to get it to accept my DS' wi-fi without completely disabling the security, making it vunearable to freeloading jackasses.

Which friend code? Soul Silver? or did you want White?

Also, you didn't answer what a Fire/electric pokemon would be like. (NO ROTOM! MUST BE ORIGINAL!)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »
He'd be like this.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2012, 12:27:44 AM »
+1
But that's Satan, or a highly powerful demon.

I was thinking of a Pokemon born out of an electrical fire or something.  :-\

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2012, 07:20:34 AM »
Mr. Dragoon,

Your family would not procure you with the code to access their WPA/WEP network?
That's really all one needs.

I can take a SoulSilver code, but I do not have a complete PokeDex in my HeartGold, so some things might be a touch... difficult to get.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
+1
My brother is in charge of fixing the computers in the house, and won't give me the code, claiming I would "wreck the computer system."

My soul Silver Code: actually, it's the MAC address: 00-09-BF-98-C1-17

Please tell me if this is the friend code or not.  :-\

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
That doesn't sound right, haha.
The MAC address is something your brother SHOULD be using to allow your DS access to the web if he's doing a whitelist.

If he were a good, awesome IT-style brother, he would set you up with a custom IP for your network, used only by your DS, and set up your DS so that the network knows exactly what that device is all the time.

The only way you would 'mess up the computer system' is if he gave you an IP that conflicts with an existing PC's IP on the network.  That would make that PC lose internet access, but he he's smart he would give you an isolated IP that wouldn't conflict.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »
+1
I'm in the middle of an E4 run in Soul Silver, so I'll PM you the friend code when I finish and get access to a Pokemon center.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
I'm not going to be home over the weekend so it might take a while.
But I'll be checking this thread and other stuff over the phone.

Just let me know what you want so I can see if I can start raising it.
To trade, just give me your Pal Pad ID and let me know what game it's from (mine is above).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
+1
Cool.

*AHEM* JORGE! You didn't say what you think what a fire/electric Pokemon would look like!  :P

C'mon man, I you  got a good idea what it would be like.  8)

Tags:

anything