Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982839 times)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3435 on: June 29, 2018, 07:17:28 AM »
Keyboard users, have you figured out the control scheme? Seems to be:

WASD: Movement
Enter: Attack
Space: Jump
Num Lock: Toggle Analog Stick On/Off
Keypad/Arrows: Analog Stick
K: Menu

Can't seem to figure out the rest and random key tapping isn't helping. My mouse doesn't work either, though it did in the previous demo. Weird.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3436 on: June 29, 2018, 10:15:55 AM »
I've just finish it and i can say it's far more better than the previous demo. Still it has flaws, but i believe the final product will be good!! As for the controller, if you have a ps4 controller, steam has support for it, you just plug your controller with the usb cable and go to the options on steam and click the box next to ps4 controller and you are good to go!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3437 on: June 30, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »
note, if you want japanese voices, press all 4 shoulder buttons at once. they will persist from then on, so you can do it in your current save, then start a new game and play from start with them.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3438 on: July 01, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »
is there option to turn off the minimap on the top right?  option to remove minimap onscreen would be a huge plus.

Bloodstained devs should be more confident and not hand hold the players so much with navigation. 

Dark Souls games are million sellers and they don't have ingame map nor minimap AT ALL.

IGAvanias are fine with just a full map the player can pull up anytime.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-official-update-thread.2982/page-31

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3439 on: July 01, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »
Bloodstained devs should be more confident and not hand hold the players so much with navigation. 

Why not go the extra mile and have the player need to find an actual map in the castle so they can see the map? No no, I know! Why not bundle Bloodstained®: Ritual of the Night™ with unique, physical copies of Bloodstained®: Cartographic Charts of Sorrow™ squared-paper so the player can go back to a more... "hands-on" approach and have them map out the game themselves in real time on these copies of paper? Why they could also bundle a special feather to use with the limited Bloodstained®: Ink of Blood™ vials that come with each game, so you gotta be extra careful to not mess up your cartography lest the ink runs out and your ability to map the castle is hindered!

Look, jokes aside, I can hardly see how making a convenience available is "so much hand holding". I'm pretty sure having a button press to show you the full map adds no depth to the difficulty at all, nor does having a minimap available make the game shallower just because seeing the map doesn't require you to do ONE extra button press. TL;DR: Super Metroid.

But I agree that it would be nice to have the ability to toggle the minimap... which is actually in the game. Just open the main map and you'll get the options to configure the minimap.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:45:45 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3440 on: July 01, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
I hope they fix Schrodinger's Johannes and Zangetsu. If you go back to the now-beached Galleon Minerva, they'll still be in the starting room/rowing in the ocean respectively. Plus the weather for that whole stage goes back to being stormy.

Also, one of Lindsay's neighbors is named "Rosary". It should be "Rosaly" considering the neighbors in her other quests are all Castlevania homages.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3441 on: July 01, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
I hope they have 480p resolution in the final, and the ability to change the quality of model textures into low-res texture even though my Kickstarter campaign choice is PlayStation ver. This demo is a hazard for older laptop PC for an obviously wrong reason.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3442 on: July 02, 2018, 12:24:33 AM »
+1
I hope they have 480p resolution in the final, and the ability to change the quality of model textures into low-res texture even though my Kickstarter campaign choice is PlayStation ver. This demo is a hazard for older laptop PC for an obviously wrong reason.

480p is a bit low, and would likely require a UI redesign. It's a game designed to take advantage of newer hardware, and unfortunately for many, the support for resolutions lower than 720p is being dropped in favor of moving on to newer and better standards.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3443 on: July 02, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »
Why not go the extra mile and have the player need to find an actual map in the castle so they can see the map? No no, I know! Why not bundle Bloodstained®: Ritual of the Night™ with unique, physical copies of Bloodstained®: Cartographic Charts of Sorrow™ squared-paper so the player can go back to a more... "hands-on" approach and have them map out the game themselves in real time on these copies of paper? Why they could also bundle a special feather to use with the limited Bloodstained®: Ink of Blood™ vials that come with each game, so you gotta be extra careful to not mess up your cartography lest the ink runs out and your ability to map the castle is hindered!

Look, jokes aside, I can hardly see how making a convenience available is "so much hand holding". I'm pretty sure having a button press to show you the full map adds no depth to the difficulty at all, nor does having a minimap available make the game shallower just because seeing the map doesn't require you to do ONE extra button press. TL;DR: Super Metroid.

But I agree that it would be nice to have the ability to toggle the minimap... which is actually in the game. Just open the main map and you'll get the options to configure the minimap.

minimaps are ANNOYING, and waste of space for those that have no need/use for it.  plain and simple.   and especially since this genre never depended on minimaps, it dumbs down the game making it standard.

and see, if this knowledge of minimap being optional, there wouldn't be rants about it.  at this time, this option is still not common knowledge and unknown to the majority out there that prefer not having a minimap blocking their view of the top right corner of the screen, which would be better displaying the enviornment/enemies/items/objects instead of a minimap some players would rather not have visible.  this isnt a Metroid game nor a shooter.

and every IGAvania veteran is used to not having minimap so it would have been really insulting if the devs was like "have no use for minimap? too bad!  its there anyway and you can't remove it!  make make it transparent but it'll always be there to annoy people that dont want a minimap! "

options do matter.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3444 on: July 02, 2018, 02:35:12 PM »
minimaps are ANNOYING

Opinion.

It IS objective, though, that having or not having a minimap does nothing to the difficulty depth (unless for some eldritch reason a person is unable to press "select" to see the map, despite being able to fully play the game otherwise). You're accusing the game of "handholding" because of a minimap, but removing it would do zero points in favor of its difficulty.

In fact I would argue the NOT having a minimap breaks the flow of the continuous gameplay and thus does a disservice to it. Don't you love Harmony of Despair? Don't you like how you can see the entire map AND continue playing at the same time?

this isnt a Metroid game nor a shooter.

Yet you compare this to Dark Souls, which is a much different beast than Super Metroid is to metroidvanias.

options do matter.

And they're there so... case closed (?)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:37:02 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3445 on: July 02, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
and every IGAvania veteran is used to not having minimap so it would have been really insulting if the devs was like "have no use for minimap? too bad!  its there anyway and you can't remove it!  make make it transparent but it'll always be there to annoy people that dont want a minimap! "

this has got to be the single stupidest thing i've ever seen seriously written on this site
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3446 on: July 02, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
Just give an option to switch off the mini map completely then everyone is satisfied.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3447 on: July 02, 2018, 06:26:34 PM »
Just give an option to switch off the mini map completely then everyone is satisfied.

But the option is there so there is no argument. Literally what Affinity said to continue their argument was, "Not everybody can see that and they need to make it more prominent"
Instead of admitting that they were in the wrong on choosing such a petty thing to have an issue with and complain about, they found even more petty shit to whine for. All it is is attention seeking and unnecessary negativity.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3448 on: July 04, 2018, 02:21:27 AM »
+1
Eh... what's with the issue on mini maps? You can toggle it off anyway.
I don't find an issue with it.

But maybe I'll just keep it on all the time, it's easier to spot where the hidden paths are. Don't argue with me that it "cheapens the experience". I don't have enough time to spend on games and when I leave a game to deal with real life, it takes a long time before I return to it, I need my guideposts.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3449 on: July 04, 2018, 04:06:32 AM »
It sounds like there is a demo out.
Is that available to everyone or just backers? In any case, I will get it this weekend.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: