Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin Hanz Belmont hack  (Read 27490 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin Hanz Belmont hack
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 09:22:55 AM »
So why is he called Hanz? Is that a fan name or was it mentioned somewhere?

But in all seriousness, this thread died almost five years ago. That question could have been better served on a new topic or a PM to Pemburu Vampir.

To answer your question, as far as I'm aware, Hanz was never given an official name aside from "the rival", and "Hanz Belmont" was the most agreed upon name for the character. I don't remember who first called him that, since it was before my time in the Castlevania fandom.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
Nice hack Pemburu Vampir! If I may suggest something... Perhaps you could change out the description from Richter's to Hanz's. We know nothing about him so perhaps a brief comment on him would help out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
If you hate that, I almost bumped all 3 of his POR hack threads. Wanted to tell him I found his hacks and submitted them to romhacking.net. They accept DS hacks now so his hacks don't have to be forgotten. I would like to ask someone to take proper screenshots of his 3 hacks tho, with both screens, instead of 4 screenshots spliced together. I had to submit 2 pics spliced together to simulate the gamescreen cause you have to use official screensizes when submitting hacks there. I almost didn't submit the desmond hack cause I thought it was some terrible sprite of some character from one of the DS games. Then I looked into it and found out he's from the cell phone game. So there's a reason they look so terrible.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:15:59 AM by MooMilk »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »
If you hate that, I almost bumped all 3 of his POR hack threads. Wanted to tell him I found his hacks and submitted them to romhacking.net.

I mean, that still doesn't really make thread necromancy okay.

I almost didn't submit the desmond hack cause I thought it was some terrible sprite of some character from one of the DS games. Then I looked into it and found out he's from the cell phone game. So there's a reason they look so terrible.

Yeah, I'm the one who sprited those out. To be fair, I made those sprites well over five years ago. I think I was like 13 or 14. They're only recolors of Richter with Desmond's head sprited over it. Desmond's head and palette is actually taken directly from Jorge's sprite that I took off the Inverted Dungeon (which in itself is even older than my sprite). I honestly don't think they look that bad, though.

Incomplete sheet. I had a more complete one but I've since lost it with a lot of my sprite archive. I think PV used this sheet here and completed it himself but I really don't remember.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
So can you take screenshots of the 3 hacks then? Use the emulators screenshot feature if you do. It'll automerge the screenshots and they'll be taken at the correct resolution.

Is the Hanz sprites complete? I thought I saw something where the hack author said some things weren't changed.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
If you hate that, I almost bumped all 3 of his POR hack threads. Wanted to tell him I found his hacks and submitted them to romhacking.net. They accept DS hacks now so his hacks don't have to be forgotten. I would like to ask someone to take proper screenshots of his 3 hacks tho, with both screens, instead of 4 screenshots spliced together. I had to submit 2 pics spliced together to simulate the gamescreen cause you have to use official screensizes when submitting hacks there. I almost didn't submit the desmond hack cause I thought it was some terrible sprite of some character from one of the DS games. Then I looked into it and found out he's from the cell phone game. So there's a reason they look so terrible.

Well I'm a friend of his and I'm not sure if he even wanted those uploaded to romhacking.net, I mean he is a member of the site so if he wanted those uploaded I think he would have done so himself, but then again he may not mind it at all.

Ill message him in a bit and let him know there is some activity concerning his old thread.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:49:07 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 02:40:23 PM »
I'm assuming he didn't submit them cause they didn't allow DS hacks yet. DS only died a few years ago I think.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 08:37:09 PM »
Is the Hanz sprites complete? I thought I saw something where the hack author said some things weren't changed.

No, I never completed the Hanz sheet. I quit spriting way back in 2012, leaving well over 15 sprite sheets unfinished, all of which I've lost since I've changed computers multiple times since then. Hanz was among them. Whatever you find floating around on the net is all I have left of it.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 11:50:04 PM »

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 12:39:00 AM »
Thank you
Desmond Belmont hack:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3078/

Hanz hack:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3077/

Custom Richter hack:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3076/

Thank you for submitting my Portrait of Ruin hacks MooMilk. but I have a favor, can you include the v1.2 of my custom Richter hack to the zipped file? I want the player to be able to choose between v1.2 and v1.2a. Because some people prefer v1.2 Richter color instead of v1.2a.

Also, if you need something for the hack just let me know.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 12:44:42 AM »
Nice hack Pemburu Vampir! If I may suggest something... Perhaps you could change out the description from Richter's to Hanz's. We know nothing about him so perhaps a brief comment on him would help out.

Thank you. Even I don't know what to say about Hanz since I don't know his background at all. All I know is he is an unfinished rival/partner from the cancelled 32X game.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 12:58:58 AM »
You are welcome. I will update the hack asap. I was also wondering if you can take some straight screenshots of all 3 hacks, with the top and bottom of the screen. This isn't really a game I play so I can't unlock Richter to take the screenshots myself. You can take 4 per hack. I'll wait until you respond to update all the hacks.

With the Richter hack you might wanna include 2 of 1.2 and 2 of 1.2a.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:20:48 AM by MooMilk »

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 02:56:56 AM »
You are welcome. I will update the hack asap. I was also wondering if you can take some straight screenshots of all 3 hacks, with the top and bottom of the screen. This isn't really a game I play so I can't unlock Richter to take the screenshots myself. You can take 4 per hack. I'll wait until you respond to update all the hacks.

With the Richter hack you might wanna include 2 of 1.2 and 2 of 1.2a.

Check your PM.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
Just so people know, the 2 versions of the Richter hack were added to the link, also a few screenshots were added to the hack links, provided by Pemburu Vampire.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:52:06 AM by MooMilk »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 10:19:59 AM »
All I know is he is an unfinished rival/partner from the cancelled 32X game.

Then you can just put that in there. Simple, eh?  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

anything