Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ending Theme for Richter (DraculaXX/Vampire's Kiss Version music inside)  (Read 8717 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Staff Roll - Ending Theme - Castlevania: DraculaXX

The 'other' ending theme for Richter, from the SNES version.
Note: This is NOT "March of the  Holy Man", since that's the Rondo of Blood version.

This sounds curiously similar to the intro to Castlevania64, doesn't it? ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Ending Theme for Richter (DraculaXX/Vampire's Kiss Version music inside)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »
This sounds curiously similar to the intro to Castlevania64, doesn't it? ;)
I think Malus really was playing a rendition of Divine Bloodlines (which this track is also a rendition of) on his violin, if that's what you meant.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:09:40 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
Another good remix Jorge. For some reason this tune seems to have a double meaning to me. Depending if you fail to rescue Anett and Maria or just Anett, this tune kinda brings out a sorrowful tone. However if you succeed, then it's not quite so sorrowful but more victorious.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »
Dracula XX Prologue + Credits > Dracula X Prologue + Credits

March of the Holy man is good, but no match for the Dracula XX counterpart.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
I think Malus really was playing a rendition of Divine Bloodlines (which this track is also a rendition of) on his violin, if that's what you meant.

I think it's pretty obvious that they're all arrangements of Opposing/Divine Bloodlines.
So obvious, in fact, that I did not mention it.

But the CV64 intro music sounds particularly similar to this ending theme.  They're in the same time signature and pace (Tango-style progression).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:37:47 PM »
Hey Jorge, I have an odd question for you; I don't know if you will know what I mean by this, but do you ever edit tracks in a way that would fit in with the way that the rest of the music sounds in SOTN? Basically match it's style?
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:42:05 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you mean looping it so that it's got a 'stop' before doing the loop, or do you mean the musical instruments that are used?

Or, perhaps, you mean the style?
I always try to use nice instruments that not only sound nice alone, but also sound nice all together, while not destroying the original material.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »
Or, perhaps, you mean the style?

Quote from: I just said above
Basically match it's style?

Bro, you are slippin. Please stop drinking before replying to my posts.  ;D

I was just curious because I have been looking around for a remake of a few tracks that would fit into SOTN and I am having trouble finding some.

Also I finally got to look into the 3d black hole behind Dracula. It took me literally 2.5 hours to figure out how it works, and some ram and asm hacking, but I did it!  ;D
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
Wow, this ending theme rules. I haven't heard it since probably 2002 or something when I beat the game on an emulator. Another excellent rendition, Jorge. 8)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
We want Jorge to be the new composer for the next Castlevania game!!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »
Bro, you are slippin. Please stop drinking before replying to my posts.  ;D

I was just curious because I have been looking around for a remake of a few tracks that would fit into SOTN and I am having trouble finding some.

Also I finally got to look into the 3d black hole behind Dracula. It took me literally 2.5 hours to figure out how it works, and some ram and asm hacking, but I did it!  ;D

There are different ways to interpret 'style', you know.

Which tracks are you thinking of doing?  If they're old SNES or earlier, I can upgrade them to using modern instruments, though I do not have access to the equipment or samples that Michiru Yamane does.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »
finally a refined cover of this masterpiece!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »
I've always liked this song. Perhaps even more than Rondo's.

Offline Phil Belmont

• Hunter in Training
  • In Castle Center
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
Very Nice Job !

Dracula X and Castlevania 64/Legacy of Darkness are my favorites Castlevania games  :)

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:24 PM »
There are different ways to interpret 'style', you know.

Which tracks are you thinking of doing?  If they're old SNES or earlier, I can upgrade them to using modern instruments, though I do not have access to the equipment or samples that Michiru Yamane does.

Cool, thanks for the offer. I U2U'ed you on it.  8)