Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..  (Read 9767 times)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
A person who works in marketing for a major chain of distribution of electronic products (games, computers, appliances ...) has asked nintendo if they intend to make a special version (tuned) of the 3DS or 3DSXL with Castlevania (like they did with zelda ..). Many customers have asked, arises because many people buy the 3DS just for this game. Nintendo has not responded either yes or no, in principle very interested in them because it's the most important game of the 3DS in the next six months and want to top the sales and combat the console market second-hand (there are a lot in Spain ) with an exclusive model. But there is a major problem, Castlevania is not a franchise of Nintendo, and Nintendo has just done these things with their franchises (legal and economic suppose, because usually the pack console+game was cheaper.). But if they reach an agreement with Konami they are interested.

I would like to write to Konami Japan to seek to reach an agreement with Nintendo and release a 3DS model with the game in a pack.  :P

Only imagine they would do with these pictures we have... especially XL that has much more size cover.  :o :o :o
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:20:35 AM »
I don't think this game will sell as well as you're thinking. It'll have moderate sales, no need for a special version of 3DS for that.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 02:35:53 AM »
Yes is very Hard, because Nintendo never lauch a special edition with a no own game. But is 25th anniversary (was 2011 but.), who khows...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:04:50 AM »
Why do you have the same avatar than me?

...Er...

I don't think they'll do a special 3DS pack for MoF or another CV game. They only do it for Nintendo franchises, such as Zelda or Mario. But it would be cool.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »
Ups i take the ani gif from here http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/lords-of-shadow but when i upload this is the result..

EDIT: Well at least they are thinking about making a pack .. it's something....

@CastlevaniaLOS: "Will there be a 3DS Mirror of Fate bundle release?"
Dave Cox: "I cannot say yet. Watch this space"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:37:02 AM by Bergaron »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »
They have money this time, but not THAT much money :P
Would be really nice though!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:38:46 AM »
I see images like this Pokemon, Zelda, Mario. And it breaks my heart just thinking that Castlevania does not have its own version ..

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
+1
They have released special edition DS's for a few non-firstparty titles, so it's not impossible:

This game did not do that well.  It was a pretty OK game but nothing ground-breaking.

This game did much better.  Very cute game. :)

The 3DS has gotten some love as well... though it's usually in Japan.  They always get the coolest stuff, like this:

And this:

I would imagine that Mirror of Fate, if it did go the Limited 3DS Bundle release way, would do so in Europe, as MercurySteam's stuff is centered around Europe...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
Pretty much as Jorge has said, it's not unheard of (outside of the states) for non-1st party titles to get special editions of consoles (heck Sony did limited edition Metal Gear themed PSPs and PS3s for the states too!) so a special CV version of the 3DS is plausible. Getting it stateside? Probably not, but as Jorge also pointed out a Euro only version is probably the most likely.

Though if we did get a special 3DS XL for MoF in the states, I would definitely buy one (though I already own a 3DS).

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »
What can i say about here, in Greece? We almost never get anything cool........ :'(
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 10:25:52 AM »
WoW did not know those models!. I guess it would come out only an Japan. I wish we could give Nintendo and Konami reaching interest in a special edition of the 3DS, it seems that if t must pack, it's something.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:39 AM »
Even if there have been customized 3DS consoles for 3rd party games in the past, we're still talking about games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and such. Castlevania is sadly enough not even half as popular as those franchises. But yeah, I guess it could happen. Especially since the first Lords of Shadow performed reasonably well, so maybe expectations for Mirror of Fate are a little bit higher than usual in this series recent history.

Still, there is a problem in making a sequel to a PS3/XB360 game and releasing it on a Nintendo handheld. It's an entirely new target audience. Most of us in here play on multiple different consoles and handhelds, regardless of the brand, but many of the people who'll buy Mirror of Fate may never even have played the first game. So I'm not sure how "strong" this game really is... Though Castlevania was reasonably popular on the DS, of course.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »
+1
Pretty much as Jorge has said, it's not unheard of (outside of the states) for non-1st party titles to get special editions of consoles (heck Sony did limited edition Metal Gear themed PSPs and PS3s for the states too!) so a special CV version of the 3DS is plausible. Getting it stateside? Probably not, but as Jorge also pointed out a Euro only version is probably the most likely.

Though if we did get a special 3DS XL for MoF in the states, I would definitely buy one (though I already own a 3DS).

Same problem I have the zelda version who would have thought that konami is even having a thought of making a cv3ds version yet, I know one thing it would look 100 times better than that f-ing pikachu, or kingdom hearts one( how the heck is that series so popular and cv not it makes no freaking sense oh wait.....)

But on the other hand tobe gundam!!! That red one is hot  :)

Was there not a fire emblem bundle as well?

A person who works in marketing for a major chain of distribution of electronic products (games, computers, appliances ...) has asked nintendo if they intend to make a special version (tuned) of the 3DS or 3DSXL with Castlevania (like they did with zelda ..). Many customers have asked, arises because many people buy the 3DS just for this game. Nintendo has not responded either yes or no, in principle very interested in them because it's the most important game of the 3DS in the next six months and want to top the sales and combat the console market second-hand (there are a lot in Spain ) with an exclusive model. But there is a major problem, Castlevania is not a franchise of Nintendo, and Nintendo has just done these things with their franchises (legal and economic suppose, because usually the pack console+game was cheaper.). But if they reach an agreement with Konami they are interested.

I would like to write to Konami Japan to seek to reach an agreement with Nintendo and release a 3DS model with the game in a pack.  :P

Only imagine they would do with these pictures we have... especially XL that has much more size cover.  :o :o :o

Is MoF that important? Then why release it right next to luigi's mansion that seems to be the talk of the town right now from my understanding  :o
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:05:27 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
+2
Yeah there was a Fire Emblem one as well.

It's pretty great-looking:

(Apologies for the overly large pic)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »
Yeah there was a Fire Emblem one as well.

It's pretty great-looking:

(Apologies for the overly large pic)

That is so beautiful in my opinion it beats my zelda one. dat  blue  :o

Now I wonder if the did do a Mof version but what would be the point for me or anyone else that has one it's not fair  :'(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags: