Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..  (Read 9848 times)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »
Is MoF that important? Then why release it right next to luigi's mansion that seems to be the talk of the town right now from my understanding  :o

Yes, it's strange, I'll tell you what I know (warning: almost all rumors are nothing confirmed from official sources, MS keeps its secrets well)

The game was announced for December 2012, perfect date, not many strong competition in 3DS. But ..... development problems (framerates and some complaints during E3 ..). The game was delayed as you all know. The problem is that just finish it and can sell it at the latest in early March (duplication, distribution, etc. ..) Can delay until summer? NO because on July to September is expected los2 not have to be so close to launch. And Nintendo and fans .. want to play as soon as possible (because it is a game-consoles sold) Nintendo did not like the game delayed because there is not in this Christmas season..

Matches other major titles at launch, yes, it's a shame .. but there is no alternative.

And.. Raise your hand if you know someone who is going to buy the 3DS just for this game ... That's the point for Nintendo. Those who buy the Luigi game are already customer of 3DS is another audience that wants to capture, so the game is so important for them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:10:44 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 03:22:52 PM »
I wish I had a Char Aznable 3DS...

anywho, I would love to see CV themed 3DS even though I have one, I'd still buy it. But part of me hopes there isn't, cause that's a lot of cash to spend. Hoping at least for a special edition of the game
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »
Oh look... well stablished franchise's special editions... that's nice and all... but Castlevania don't sell well on the east. The chances of a special edition are almost zero.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »
+2
The 3DS has gotten some love as well... though it's usually in Japan.  They always get the coolest stuff, like this:

Is it three times faster than a normal 3DS?

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

Unlike the Char 3DS the Char PSP could still play US games.  ;)

I'm surprised with the amount of Gundam fans around here (or at least knowledgeable of Gundam memes....), and here I thought I was the only one!  ;D

Oh look... well stablished franchise's special editions... that's nice and all... but Castlevania don't sell well on the east. The chances of a special edition are almost zero.

You know that Gundam 3DS? The game that came out with it SD Gundam G Generations only sold .16 Million units (in Japan only).

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sold .10 million units in Japan. .11 million units if you count 360 sales.

(Sources: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35059/castlevania-lords-of-shadow/ http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70368/sd-gundam-g-generation-3d/)

So, while it is true that FF, KH and even FE sell much better than Gundam or Castlevania titles, it doesn't necessarily mean that they cannot/will not see a special edition console released for them. I agree the chances are low, but I wouldn't outright call out a 0% chance. I mean, unless you work at Konami or Nintendo with contacts I could never dream of achieving, and know with 100% certainty and without a shadow of a doubt that it will never happen, 0% is a pretty bold statement. I mean, 15%~25% likely is a better guesstimate, imo.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »
Sorry Cruel, but VGCartz is the least reliable site in the world, it's banned for seious discussion in many parts of the web incluiding neogaf. They have admitted to MAKE UP numbers. If something doesn't come from the NPD or the official statement from a company, it doesn't exist.

Proof: Konami said LoS sold 2 million+ copies. Here it says 770k

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
Sorry Cruel, but VGCartz is the least reliable site in the world, it's banned for seious discussion in many parts of the web incluiding neogaf. They have admitted to MAKE UP numbers. If something doesn't come from the NPD or the official statement from a company, it doesn't exist.

I remember this vgchartz...

But in other news where did you hear this info Ahasverus is there a link please let this be true oh gosh let it be true  :D  :D

I recall shipping 1 million but it sold over 2 mill ?

This song comes to mind if this is true

Star Fox 64 Soundtrack - Mission Accomplished
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »
Let's imagize that sheet.

Kinda lame-o.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
+1

Ah, thanks for the pointing that out, I was unaware of it's reliability (though I did feel the LoS sales figures were a bit, slim). Though technically your proof doesn't have a citation to back it up (it's true, but I still believe you and have thus confirmed using different resources).

OK, some revised numbers (hunting down JP sales figures is hard!) LoS sold 95k according to Famitsu's 2011 sales figure (source: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%83%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AB%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8B%E3%82%A2_%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89_%E3%82%AA%E3%83%96_%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3%83%89%E3%82%A6) so that .10 million figure is pretty close. Has the game sold more since the 2011 numbers were published? Probably but that's a moot point for now.

For SD Gundam G Generations 3D (ha, found the specific title this time /dork) is cited at 139k or .14 million units. (source: http://nipponsalesage.blogspot.com/2012/07/famitsu-mid-year-top-100.html) which is newer information than was probably available for that VGChartz (which I'm starting to believe doesn't update very often...). And I know Famitsu is definitely considered a reliable source, because mascot.  ;D

So a different of 40k units sold (again LoS could have sold a bunch more in Japan since then but I don't want to dig around anymore for more information) so a MoF special edition 3DS is still plausible, but again with low chances. I also feel like Gundam has a much more substantial market for collector's items than CV to warrant a special edition console, so~ I don't really know. So, same conclusion as last time.

Also, yeah that extra case thing would look kinda...meh. o_O I think I'll stick with my pre-order on Amazon.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 03:27:51 PM »
Gundam is a well stablished franchise in Japan, spamming in multiple media formats. Seriously, it's not even funny to compare. That's why they make PS3, 3DS, etc. special Gundam Editions.

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »
Hi guys, you wanna hear something cool... a very good news ?

There was already a DS Lite bundle for a Konami game:
A special edition DS + the soccer game Winning Eleven !!

http://www.gameforfun.com/en/product.asp?product_id=8706

It was definitely NOT big sales !!  ;) ;) ;)
(by the way, I have it in my collection 'cause I'm a Winning Eleven - PES expert)  8)

So, we can believe in a miracle !!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:14:40 PM by kaiwai »

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
It would be great if they take a case of tuning like this (the best and cheapest solution)

Tunning 3DS

LOL you can custum the picture..  ;D ;D ;D ;D (NOW i have an idea for new 3DS XL).

Custom 3DS XL
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:47:24 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 02:50:32 AM »
It would be great if they take a case of tuning like this (the best and cheapest solution)

Tunning 3DS

LOL you can custum the picture..  ;D ;D ;D ;D (NOW i have an idea for new 3DS XL).

Custom 3DS XL

Very interesting........now what i would like to have........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 07:11:46 AM »
Konami said they only shipped one million copies to stores, which is entirely different from how many were actually sold. There's been no word on how many has actually been sold.

Tags: