Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..  (Read 9859 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »
Konami said they only shipped one million copies to stores, which is entirely different from how many were actually sold. There's been no word on how many has actually been sold.

That was 2010 it has been two years we can safely assume over 1 million( combined that is) has been sold now if a pc version comes out with a full 60 fps or wii u version then yeah  it can hit an all time high in sales (the series deserves it) also if people buy los 2 or mof and have an xbox/ps3 and have intrest in the first game it would go up even more.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Special version 3DS console (tuned), if Konami wants ..
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
Gundam is a well established franchise in Japan, spanning in multiple media formats. Seriously, it's not even funny to compare. That's why they make PS3, 3DS, etc. special Gundam Editions.

Except as far as my recollection goes there was never a special edition Gundam PS3. Just PSP and 3DS (hand helds). In fact, very few franchises or titles actually generate a special edition of home consoles anymore (with the exception of Halo and Star Wars for the 360 since those are domestic [read: 'Murka!] IPs). More to the point, Konami has worked with Sony to release special editions of PS3s1 (not just bundled) and PSPs2 for a game that is not as popular in Japan as it is in the west3.

So yes, while it is not surprising for special edition Gundam consoles to be released in Japan (I should know, I'm a huge Gundam fan) the point was based on sales, not popularity, which is what marketers and business men tend to base their decisions on. I do get your point that CV and Gundam are definitely two different animals in Japan, and I don't discredit that, but that wasn't my original argument.

And I would also like to think us CV fans are just as collector geared as Gundam fans, especially with the limited love we receive for our franchise.

Sources:

Tags: