Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!  (Read 53851 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Mighty No. 009 - Help Inafune Kickstart Not-Megaman!
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2013, 06:24:50 AM »
I did see a quote from Christian Svensson saying that he thought Mighty No.9 looked cool or something, and that he wished ComCept all the best or whatever. But Capcom would never support it financially.

One part of me hopes that they DO take note and realize that they've fucked up completely with Megaman. And that, in the future, they do things differently. Not only Capcom btw - Konami too. And Sega. And SquareEnix (to a certain extent).

Kickstarter is so awesome. I can't believe we sort of got EVERYTHING this game had to offer. Well, we did pay for it though. Some of us more than others. The pressure on this project is now unheard of.

Also, how the hell is a small studio like ComCept gonna manage 60K+ backers, making sure everyone gets the right things once the game is finished. They'll need to hire people for that.

EDIT: Am I the only one that thinks that - if Mighty No.9 is succesful - Capcom will approach Inafune and beg for a Mighty/Megaman crossover game?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:28:59 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
"H" for "H"entai

ahh....  :-[
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »

EDIT: Am I the only one that thinks that - if Mighty No.9 is succesful - Capcom will approach Inafune and beg for a Mighty/Megaman crossover game?

Nah, they're too full of impotent pride.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
E, F and H are the winners that will compete again.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2013, 07:03:28 AM »
Even if it was a joke, I just think that Capcom is just starting to see dollar signs and I think it's another example of upper management being cocky and the employees taking off and doing their own thing because they believed that they could do it. I bet the company sh*t themselves once they saw how quickly those employees rebounded, the industry talent they were able to get to contribute to the project, and more importantly the amount of money that they were able to raise. Now, Capcom wants to try and gain some type of control of the character because they would like to see those profits pumped back into lining their pockets. If I had that type of success I wouldn't let them anywhere near the character with a 10 foot pole unless I had a iron-clad contract from my own attorney's. It says a lot when CEO Kenzo Tsujimoto comments he "wishes" he could reach out to Inafune. I wouldn't doubt a conversation like that did occur internally.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:13:22 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »

I've saw this image on the first day, when they announced the game. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »
Even if it was a joke ... It says a lot when CEO Kenzo Tsujimoto comments he "wishes" he could reach out to Inafune. I wouldn't doubt a conversation like that did occur internally.

Except he didn't make that comment. Which I think you realize, but you're reacting as if he actually had.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2013, 05:50:19 AM »
Except he didn't make that comment. Which I think you realize, but you're reacting as if he actually had.
That's why I mentioned I wouldn't doubt a conversation like that did occur internally...

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
Interesting thing I stumbled upon when watching the DYK Gaming Mega Man video on YouTube, one of Mega Man/Rock Man's early names was going to be "Mighty Kid".

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2013, 10:23:05 AM »
E, F and H are the winners that will compete again.

have a link that says this. Anyways it will be between F and H in the end I'm sticking with H till the end but F is good also. F looks too similar too Roll and that's why I choose H.

Interesting thing I stumbled upon when watching the DYK Gaming Mega Man video on YouTube, one of Mega Man/Rock Man's early names was going to be "Mighty Kid".

watch the g4 icons one iirc rock was going to called knuckle kid as well. Inafune even showed different title designs for mm1.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:24:43 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2013, 04:26:50 AM »
have a link that says this.

It is a question right? If so... good question, I dont remember where I saw that, I've even searched now and didnt found anything reliable :-\

Its better if we ignore that then, maybe I've seen it here but Im not sure:
http://twitch.tv/comceptusa
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
+2
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2013, 04:41:54 AM »
So I'm reviving this thread to tell you guys that Beck appears as a bonus skin in Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

Uh...yeah.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/12/mighty-9-makes-first-appearance-yaiba-ninja-gaiden-z/
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: