Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Team CV3/Dark Samus hacks  (Read 17459 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »
- UPDATE -

Ok here is a new video for the hack showing the latest updates, changed Alucard's sprite palette a bit more as well as his sword, also special thanks to Jorge for providing the new Sypha sprites so here they are in action, enjoy.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »
I definitely need to give that hack a shot when it's available! And George's Sypha animations work very well with what I've just seen! I also liked the inclusion of SCV4's music as well. There just doesn't seem to be enough love for that type of music in CV.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 04:11:30 AM »
Sypha looks good!  Don't forget to add her cloak sprites, though!
It's nice to see her in action.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »
Sypha looks good!  Don't forget to add her cloak sprites, though!
It's nice to see her in action.

Thanks, regarding the cloak sprites I will see if I can add them but we have to keep in mind Yoko's sprites are very limited and also VERY constrained, if a sprite is to big and goes beyond those constraints it gets cut off in the game, the DSvania games are no where near as generous as say Aria of Sorrow which has a huge amount of space between each of Soma's sprites giving plenty of room.

@X Thanks glad you like how it looks, I also love the SCV4 music as well and since SCV4 is my favorite CV game after SOTN I've always wanted to start including some throwbacks to in when showing my hacks, I may one day add Simon from SCV4 to one of my hacks but for now I just have to focus on this hack.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »
You might have to modify the sprite to not have the back cloak at all, then.
That way when she jumps she doesn't magically lose it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 01:16:47 AM »
You might have to modify the sprite to not have the back cloak at all, then.
That way when she jumps she doesn't magically lose it.

Well I thought about that been then I noticed that there where no ground attack or walking animations for the cloakless sypha, I could easily edit her standing sprites to remove the cloak but the others would require some decent skills is drawing sprites which I do not have lol.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
Hey Darkprince, it looks very nice, it's getting very fluid, and Jorge's sprites are very good, will not there be change for the voices of the characters? as well as alucard mention trevor or trevor say sypha, you know...
looks cool ;D

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 12:59:23 PM »
Hey Darkprince, it looks very nice, it's getting very fluid, and Jorge's sprites are very good, will not there be change for the voices of the characters? as well as alucard mention trevor or trevor say sypha, you know...
looks cool ;D

Not sure about that, if actual voices can be found where they actually have Trevor say Sypha or Alucard say Trevor then sure, otherwise I can't do it because i have no voices to replace the current ones, can't make them out of scratch.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2018, 03:32:33 PM »
- UPDATE -

OK here is a update concerning the hack, I had planned on having it released by today but will have to push it back to sometime next week before then because I decided to add some stage modifications and new enemy layouts, what I wanted was to bring a mix between the risky classic platforming from the classicvanias and mix it with this metroidvania so although I was not able to add automatic death pitfalls I did manage to add spikes at the bottom of each of the new layout platforming sections which will be filled with different enemies as well so fancy footwork will be required, you will not automatically die when you hit the bottom but you will regret it like the days of old if you knocked off towards the bottom and hit those spikes which take a great deal of heath.

Regarding the storyline I have made one that takes place shortly after CV3 with Trevor and Sypha just being married and right before Alucard takes his slumber. Also added some new portraits for the characters although I still have not changed the small ones for switching characters, special thanks to Jorge for the Sypha and Trevor ones, the color palette had to be reduced since the game only supports 15 colors (minus the background) so hopefully he is ok with it, if not I will remove them, here is the original page for these images,
https://jorge-d-fuentes.deviantart.com/gallery/

the Alucard ones where used from a person named Nakoshinobi and came from here
https://nakoshinobi.deviantart.com/art/Alucard-CV-3-portrait-106183922

Here are some images of the game in action.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 08:48:15 PM »
Could you perhaps add an outline to Trevor and Sypha like Alucard has? there's some style clashing between the characters
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 12:33:30 AM »
Could you perhaps add an outline to Trevor and Sypha like Alucard has? there's some style clashing between the characters

As I pointed out the the portraits where done by two separate artists so a "style clash" is to be expected really, what I went for was finding the best I could get as far as classic CV3 lookwise and as close as can be but it will not be a perfect mesh since both artist do not have identical styles, I may be able to touch it up more but first I want to see Jorge's opinion on it before I move forward.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 01:25:09 AM »
Hey Dark Prince, I edited these improvised, if you like in the originals I can modify them a bit so they do not clash in the style, of course if there is no problem and Jorge agrees  ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »
I totally don't mind.
I also have an Alucard one but it looks like perhaps you want him with dark hair, which is why you didn't pick it?

I can probably color-reduce them appropriately here, too.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
I totally don't mind.

Hey thanks Jorge D. ;D

and if Dark Prince agrees, I can also edit alucard xD

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 06:30:29 PM »
I totally don't mind.
I also have an Alucard one but it looks like perhaps you want him with dark hair, which is why you didn't pick it?

I can probably color-reduce them appropriately here, too.

That would be great if you can reduce the color to 16 total counting the background of it, would also be convenient if you make the background a completely different color than any used within the actual image itself I'll send you a pm in a bit.

But yea the reason I did not use your Alucard is because I wanted the retro blacked haired look for him instead of the SOTN one.

FanofDracula yea you can help, since the Trevor and Sypha ones are Jorge's I'll let him handle those and you can take care of the Alucard one.

Tags: