Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Remix  (Read 600267 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #720 on: April 07, 2014, 06:22:05 PM »
Well, Mother Earth (I think I'm thinking of the right game. Earthbound 3, Mother, right?) was SNES, right? You could always pull MIDI data from the SPC files. I know you're more partial to composing them yourself, but at the very least you'd have reference for the pitch bends.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #721 on: April 08, 2014, 05:07:46 AM »
Well, Mother Earth (I think I'm thinking of the right game. Earthbound 3, Mother, right?) was SNES, right?

No dude, Mother Earth is the credits theme to Castlevania Chronicles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsa9aHVrwLw

Offline PHBelmont

• Hunter in Training
  • Simon Belmont Forever
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • My Youtube Channel (VGM)
    • Awards
« Reply #722 on: April 09, 2014, 12:24:59 AM »
Dracula X SNES Style - Heavenly Doorway  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJEZYqRCLWA
My Youtube Channel! SNES Style Remixes and MORE.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPatoHerrera12

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #723 on: April 09, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »
Well, Mother Earth (I think I'm thinking of the right game. Earthbound 3, Mother, right?) was SNES, right? You could always pull MIDI data from the SPC files. I know you're more partial to composing them yourself, but at the very least you'd have reference for the pitch bends.

Yeah he meant the "Mother Earth" tune that's the ending to Akumajo Dracula X68000.
It's the X68000 game's equivalent to "Voyager", the ending to CV1 (though it's wildly different).

Here's the original X68000 version.  You can hear all the weird pitchbends throughout (it starts at around 0:15, after the game clear jingle):
Castlevania Chronicles OST - 36 Last Stage Clear / 37 Mother Earth (SC-55 Ver.)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:54 AM »
You could always try to do the arranged version of Vampire Killer from Chronicles. Or Thrashard in the Cave (original), I don't think you've had a crack at that. Break out those electric guitar synths!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:59:53 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #725 on: April 12, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
Oh, derp. I don't know the track listings for X68000/Chronicles very well beyond the obvious ones like Thrashard or Creatures. Thanks, Jorge and Hero.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #726 on: April 13, 2014, 11:27:44 PM »
+1
You could always try to do the arranged version of Vampire Killer from Chronicles. Or Thrashard in the Cave (original), I don't think you've had a crack at that. Break out those electric guitar synths!

I did the original version of Thrashard in the Cave, using a MIDI-Yoke rip someone gave me (so while I didn't compose it, it's essentially the same MIDI in the X68000 disk image):
Thrashard in the Cave - Caverns - Stage 04 - Castlevania Chronicles - Akumajo Dracula X68000
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: April 14, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »
Huh, I've never seen that one on youtube before. *headbangs*

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:57:09 AM by Chernabogue »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #729 on: April 15, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »
+1
These sounds like they should've been in Lords of Shadow 2.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »
well here comes one a little more, to the open minded

Dance of Illusions (Stop The Bats Remix)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #732 on: May 06, 2014, 04:55:45 PM »
+3
Nothing too fancy, but an arrangement of Bloodlines' version of Simon's Theme I'll be using for Haunted Castle. Mostly sharing it because I finally found a combination of organs that sound (I think) really damn good together (I was going for a higher-quality-sounding version of the X68 Simon's Theme organs, if anyone can't tell).

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/u66pk4v840tp5i6/SimonBloodlines.mp3

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #733 on: May 07, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
+1
I'd marry the person bold enough to remix the full Vampire Killer in the style we hear at the beginning of this soundtrack...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gWVVboyByU
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #734 on: May 13, 2014, 10:33:48 AM »
That's Sexy Paradius

Poision mind, with medusa being the boss of the castle stage, Ironically the main song is the same song Dracula danced to in "Dracula dead and loving it"

Sexy Parodius Original Game Soundtrack - Welcome, Boy