Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Meshuggah!  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »
This is just jaw dropping music to me.

Meshuggah recorded this new album live together in the studio. It's raw, it's real, it's complete insanity!

I will be going to watch them for the 4th time at mill city nights oct 26th.

Listen to this song called Nostrum. Fucking out of this world!

https://youtu.be/V3vxIoCOvxQ

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:28:40 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 12:13:15 AM »
Ah, this djent style of playing bores the hell out of me.

But Dark Tranquility should release a new album soon, and I'm excited about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVvXq6a4jM
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 12:29:54 AM »
I strongly, strongly disagree.

Dark Tranquility does nothing for me.

To each their own.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:03:54 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 01:56:24 AM »
Well hey, I used to kinda be into both Meshuggah and Dark Tranquillity (that's two Ls, you fools) and now I care for neither or metal as a whole, ha ha.

But I do dig the new Devin Townsend. Wish I'd gone to see him at Mill City a week or so ago.

This new Meshuggah song is super cool though, I just don't actively seek out metal anymore. I have a huge amount of respect for the talents of all the dudes in the band. Fredrik Thordendal's solo album was a trip.

The first time I heard Meshugah, by the way, was at The Quest. I went to see Strapping Young Lad open, and while SYL melted my face off with their intensity, Meshuggah blew open my skull from the complexity and raw energy. I even got to meet them briefly and they were nice dudes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:00:44 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:22 AM »
Well hey, I used to kinda be into both Meshuggah and Dark Tranquillity (that's two Ls, you fools) and now I care for neither or metal as a whole, ha ha.

But I do dig the new Devin Townsend. Wish I'd gone to see him at Mill City a week or so ago.

This new Meshuggah song is super cool though, I just don't actively seek out metal anymore. I have a huge amount of respect for the talents of all the dudes in the band. Fredrik Thordendal's solo album was a trip.

The first time I heard Meshugah, by the way, was at The Quest. I went to see Strapping Young Lad open, and while SYL melted my face off with their intensity, Meshuggah blew open my skull from the complexity and raw energy. I even got to meet them briefly and they were nice dudes.

I'm mostly with you there. Meshuggah is the only metal band I'm really into. I've been a fan since I saw them open for Tool at Xcel back during the Lateralus tour.

Meshuggah are innovators and each song is like a puzzle to deconstruct. Their layered use of polyrhythms, reset points, and incredible precision live is anything but boring. In fact I find it to be the most intriguing and exciting metal I've ever heard. They are innovators, masters of their instruments, and amazing artists at the same time. They've been a huge influence on me as a musician.

For me they are in a league completely separate from all other metal.

Seeing them at the Quest would've been amazing. That was my favorite club in town to perform and to watch shows. I miss the hell out of the place.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 12:34:32 AM »
My favorite of theirs is Bleed. I know they have more impressive songs, but this one just sounds like a marathon of precision to me. I listen to it and I'm just in awe how their sound can stay so tight for like 7 minutes (though I know nothing about how they recorded it, so maybe it's less impressive than what I'm thinking? I really don't know). That would be a great one to hear live.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 04:38:27 PM »
Bleed is an amazing song!

Here is a video of them performing that my brother in law recorded when they came to town last time.

I was at this concert hanging out with the light guy back by the board. It was incredible!

https://youtu.be/E4PlPdX5bFw

Abnormal Freak! I just got my ticket for the 26th. Come to the show and I'll buy you a drink man!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 03:06:39 AM »
Abnormal Freak! I just got my ticket for the 26th. Come to the show and I'll buy you a drink man!

Saw this a little too late. Sorry about that, dude.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
Saw this a little too late. Sorry about that, dude.

The 26th of October brother. Tix are still on sale.

The new album came out today! It's fucking incredible!

Here's the opening track. I LOVE IT!

https://youtu.be/oFiDcazicdk

Tags:

anything