Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Google+ is public!  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
As long as none of my friends are using Google+, it really doesn't matter if it's "better". If people starts to leave Facebook in favour of Google+ however, then I'll obviously follow them over. Social networking is only ever as good as the number of people using it, sort of.

QFT.
Kamui, you miss the point here. People wouldn't care if Google+ is better, they like Facebook. They are used to the facebook interface.
What do you think would happen if I tell my friends "Hey guys, there's a new social network that's just like FB, but better! Let's go!"
I have around 70 friends on FB. Maybe one or two would bother to open an account, max. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 12:16:45 AM »
I only log into Facebook because it's auto on my digsby and I use facebook to write random news and stupid stuff, and finally to play tetris. It has good tetris.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
Will there ever be a movie exposing the sordid details, backstabbing, and the drama that led up to the founding of the CV Dungeon?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
As long as there's a sister movie that deals with the closings/reopenings, bickering between mods/members & all the drama that's part of the Chapel's history  :P

b-but Facebook>Google+, now and always (despite it's controversial "updates")

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
Will there ever be a movie exposing the sordid details, backstabbing, and the drama that led up to the founding of the CV Dungeon?

Eh, not all that movie-worthy.
I've been here long enough to experience all of that stuff.  So has Freak and a few others.
I've never been backstabbed though.  Neither has Kurt.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
do you guys remember why Facebook has all the users it has?

Or did you forget that Most of the users came from myspace because Facebook was better?

I'm just addressing the possibility since Google+ has better friend organization and better media display.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »
Or did you forget that Most of the users came from myspace because Facebook was better?

Hmmm, not necessarily, dude. In my country, for example, myspace was NEVER all that popular. In fact, most of my friends wouldn't even know what myspace is (other than "some social site that was never as useful or organized as FB).

Before facebook became popular, me and my friends used instant messengers (mostly ICQ or MSN) to communicate. Now those are just "outdated technology" nobody uses anymore. Hell, you always had the inconvenience of installing them on your system and having to update them. Since facebook is web-based, you don't need any of that.
The only thing FB is still missing now is video-chat. (or am I wrong?) Once FB has video-chat it would crush Skype, hammering the final pin in the IM grave.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 04:39:35 AM »
Hmmm, not necessarily, dude. In my country, for example, myspace was NEVER all that popular. In fact, most of my friends wouldn't even know what myspace is (other than "some social site that was never as useful or organized as FB).

Before facebook became popular, me and my friends used instant messengers (mostly ICQ or MSN) to communicate. Now those are just "outdated technology" nobody uses anymore. Hell, you always had the inconvenience of installing them on your system and having to update them. Since facebook is web-based, you don't need any of that.
The only thing FB is still missing now is video-chat. (or am I wrong?) Once FB has video-chat it would crush Skype, hammering the final pin in the IM grave.

FYI FB video chat is powered by Skype.
Ahhhhh Messengers, Those were the good old days.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything