Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Take a look at this traditional japanese outfit  (Read 3376 times)

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Take a look at this traditional japanese outfit
« on: August 11, 2019, 02:44:25 AM »
So I'll be in Japan starting next week and was taking a look at some sanctuaries and traditional celebrations in Kyoto, when i stumbled upone something very cool in a video

(click to show/hide)

I recall seeing an even more similar outfit when I was a kid during a, i think it was mongolian, traditional celebration re enactment in a small town here in Italy, it was very similar to the one above but also featured the long drape covering the crotch and back just like Richters. Couldnt find the same costume ever again despite many searches in the internet
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 03:14:40 AM by whipsmemory »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Take a look at this traditional japanese outfit
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:59:57 PM »
It looks like it's a Chinese Dragon Dance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_dance
Skip to the part that focuses on Outside China, and you'll see the Japanese version.

As for the costume, it changes depending on the performers. By the looks of what you posted, it is very reminiscent of a ninja costume.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »
It looks like it's a Chinese Dragon Dance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_dance
Skip to the part that focuses on Outside China, and you'll see the Japanese version.

As for the costume, it changes depending on the performers. By the looks of what you posted, it is very reminiscent of a ninja costume.

They are obviously Lin Kuei Ninjas.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 05:28:57 AM »
Very Richter-like. Cool find.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 08:08:41 PM »
Yeah and Maxim and SOTN Maria were designed as a like a weird European ninja fusion (Euro-Kunoichi in Maria's case) when Konami came up with their designs and play styles.

Ninjas. Ninjas everywhere. Maybe they should get together sometime, eat some pizza, and fight The Shredder.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 01:01:53 PM »
Yeah and Maxim and SOTN Maria were designed as a like a weird European ninja fusion (Euro-Kunoichi in Maria's case) when Konami came up with their designs and play styles.

Ninjas. Ninjas everywhere. Maybe they should get together sometime, eat some pizza, and fight The Shredder.

You forgot those Ninja maids and those Ninja weaponry(Katanas, Kunais, Shurikens) displayed in the wall at the last stage of Akumajou Dracula X68000/Castlevania Chronicles.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:03:33 PM by Shinobi »

Tags: