Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 270010 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:04 AM »
This recently caught my ear: Aliens Vs. Predator (AvP Rap) by TEAMHEADKICK

AvP Rap song  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »
Finally picked up some of the rarer PIG CDs, one of which is the remastered A Poke in the Eye...with a Sharp Stick from Japan. (Already owned the original German CD.) As such, I've been listening to the song "Scumsberg" a lot.

Pig : Scumsberg (1988)

Suuuuch good hooks in this track. "I've gotta fight and I've gotta win you'll never believe this-a mess I'm in"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

chaosgod66

Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2011, 08:59:46 AM »
Dead:Fles and the power it holds .

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2011, 09:27:04 AM »
I've been on a Godspeed You! Black Emperor kick these past few days.
Godspeed You Black Emperor - The Dead Flag Blues
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
I've been listening to the Magic Knight Rayearth OP all day:

http://www.endlessvideo.com/watch?v=BFV9HK455Rw

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:20 AM »
Just bought a few albums:

Hour of Penance - Misconception
I dl'ed a song from this album off of last.fm almost a year ago, and I'm kind of surprised I just now bought this. Excellent stuff. Their sound reminds me a little of Cannibal Corpse, and a little more of Nile. I really like how this one was produced, especially how they made the drums sound.

Salt the Wound - To the Top
I know current metalcore and deathcore are considered the asscrack of all metal right now, but this is one of the several of these bands that I really enjoy. The other two being Rose Funeral, who are horrible in every sense but pretty catchy to me, and The Black Dahlia Murder, who are either metalcore or really just melodic death metal (depending on whether you like them or not I guess, because I have no clue how to nitpick this stuff). Anyway, I like these guys' sense of melody, even though all the riffs do sound a little similar after a while.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »
Just bought a few albums:

Hour of Penance - Misconception
I dl'ed a song from this album off of last.fm almost a year ago, and I'm kind of surprised I just now bought this. Excellent stuff. Their sound reminds me a little of Cannibal Corpse, and a little more of Nile. I really like how this one was produced, especially how they made the drums sound.

Salt the Wound - To the Top
I know current metalcore and deathcore are considered the asscrack of all metal right now, but this is one of the several of these bands that I really enjoy. The other two being Rose Funeral, who are horrible in every sense but pretty catchy to me, and The Black Dahlia Murder, who are either metalcore or really just melodic death metal (depending on whether you like them or not I guess, because I have no clue how to nitpick this stuff). Anyway, I like these guys' sense of melody, even though all the riffs do sound a little similar after a while.

This is some nice s*** u bought there! Two new bands for me i can listen to. thx (:
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2011, 10:13:36 AM »
I know current metalcore and deathcore are considered the asscrack of all metal right now, but this is one of the several of these bands that I really enjoy.

The problem with the term metalcore is that these days it's got very far from what it was originally about....
It used to be stuff like DRI and Cryptic Slaughter, and bands like Siege and Deep Wound were metalcore (or preferred at the time, crossover)... then in the 90s stuff like Earth Crisis, Snapcase, Refused and Integrity were making waves with a different take on metallic hardcore. Later, other bands like Botch, Burnt By The Sun, Turmoil and Converge were also expanding on the sound and creating noisecore... fairly acquired taste but very good and challenging form of metalcore.

Nowadays, it seems to be the consensus that if you stick a band in a room with some Cannibal Corpse/At The Gates and some Biohazard/Killswitch Engage albums, they think they can stick the two together and come up with something different - which doesn't work. Guilty Parties: As I Lay Dying, Bring Me The Horizon, Annotations Of An Autopsy, etc.

The Red Chord, though while being lumped in with said bunch, are the exception - a deathcore band that rises above the morass of cookie-cutter pseudo-ATG-Suffocation-core bands. Also, All Shall Perish, The Black Dahlia Murder, Heaven Shall Burn are all very good latter day metalcore now known as deathcore.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2011, 07:52:24 AM »
Ghost is well worth checking out.

Ghost - Genesis

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
Ghost is well worth checking out.
I like you.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2011, 02:29:02 AM »
I like you.

It's the best find I've had in a while. Their remake of "Here Comes the Sun" is also a must hear.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »
Been listening to some early Pitch Shifter. Total Godflesh ripoff but still good.

PitchShifter - Landfill
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
Pitchshifter tune's pretty swell. It's a band I've known about forever but never really checked out. Also haven't really heard Godflesh much aside from a track or two.

I actually ordered the remastered version of Streetcleaner recently from Willowtip, but the distributor Tipton ordered from goofed up and sent him copies of the original release, so I canceled. Although maybe the remaster blows loads (remasters sometimes/often do) and I'm better off with the original.

Anyway, it's time for some Iggy Pop & James Williamson Kill City, mmm.

03. Beyond the Law - Iggy Pop & James Williamson (Kill City, 1977)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:27:11 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: