Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 269973 times)

Zobias

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:11:07 PM by Zobias »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 10:07:11 PM »
Disc 2 of the EVANGELION: 2.0 YOU CAN [NOT] ADVANCE soundtrack.

'specially these parts:

Keep Your Head Above the Mayhem

The Final Decision We All Must Take
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:12:51 PM by Eric Roman »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 02:39:03 AM »
I bought tickets to see Danzig in May. Hopefully he'll be playing this:
Danzig - Hammer of the Gods
Rumor is he regained some of his singing voice by cutting back on dairy products, lol.

I really need to check out more of these guys. I'm really surprised with the diversity of their Black Album, especially since these guys were supposed to be a punk band. My 2 favorites:
The Damned - Wait For The Blackout
The Damned - Lively Arts

EDIT - Wow, that picture for Danzig is hideous. Self-aware he is not.  :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:42:57 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2011, 02:35:27 AM »
Last few things I've been listening to are:

Stampin' Ground - Officer Down
Stampin Ground - Officer Down

Cro-Mags - We Gotta Know
Cro Mags - We Gotta Know

Book Of Black Earth - May Your God Deny You
Book Of Black Earth - May Your God Deny You

Iskra - My Country Tis of thy People are dying
Iskra - My Country Tis Of Thy People Are Dying

and of course...

Team Fortress 2 - Yeah Toast!
YEAH TOAST!  8)
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »
Been digging the new Felix da Housecat. Only available with the April issue of the British magazine Mixmag, but Barnes & Noble thankfully carries it, so I was able to pick it up yesterday.

Felix Da Housecat - Don't Stand... (Dance If You Want To)

Felix Da Housecat - Wargames

It's nice 'cos it's got quite a variety of electronic styles. Some of it's reminiscent of his earliest work, some's altogether new for the guy.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2011, 07:42:59 AM »
On a whim, I decided to revisit some of the Nu-Metal bands that were popular when I was like... 13, or something.  For the most part, I hate Nu-Metal.  I like to play and listen to Shred Metal, and with Nu-Metal's rap styling and lack of virtuosity, it doesn't really hold much respect with me, but I think there were a few decently legit artists of the genre.  Here are some.

Sevendust.
Sevendust - Denial

Kittie.
Kittie - Brackish
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:51:01 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »
lol. Man. Nu-metal. Sevendust's "Bitch" is a bitchin' song, though. Can't believe I admitted to that.

Lately been digging Drew Neumann's Eye Spy: Declassified, Freedom of Information Act. It's a remastered, expanded version of Eye Spy – Ears Only: Confidential, the soundtrack for the TV show Æon Flux. Sadly, right now it's only available in MP3 format; hoping for a CD release someday.

OH, AND NEW ohGr COMES OUT THIS WEEK SO EXCITED except having bought it from Amazon using the free Media Mail shipping option I won't see it for like another week or so.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2011, 08:53:41 AM »
EDIT:
I was saying other music, but I'll trim it down to this pretty shoegaze instrumental by The Smashing Pumpkins.  This is actually really, really nice. This stuff reminds me why I love this band and good Alternative Rock.  Very creative people.
Smashing Pumpkins - Feelium
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:22:30 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
I remember Kittie.... they were certainly popular among the 'spooky kids' of Cork City here in Ireland. Also remember enjoying their debut, and then hearing their next album and thinking 'That destroys the last one...'. Oracle was a lot more aggressively focused. But by then I'd got more into heavier stuff like Pantera and Fear Factory - and on from there to Napalm Death, Kreator, US and UK hardcore punk/metalcore etc.

While on the subject of numetal --- Whatever happened to Limp Bizkit? And who even listens to them these days?
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
New ohGr is yum.

Ohgr 101
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2011, 02:41:49 AM »
I liked that one.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Moonlight Equilibrium
While I don't think they'll ever come out with anything as good as Miasma again, this is pretty good. Looking forward to the new album...not buying the ridiculous collector's edition, though.

Bypass - Cyberia (Deep Trance Mix) |||From Tiesto's Forbidden Paradise 6|||
I very rarely listen to dance/techno stuff, but this is one of those that I heard (from an Ebaum's World clip several years ago, of all places) and instantly liked.

TEAM - Držím ti miesto
I heard this song from renting Hostel when it first came out on DVD and immediately went to find out what it was. Still love it.

The Berzerker - Compromise [HQ]
This whole album is excellent. It still amazes me how fast their drummer could blast, and could even do it faster on No One Wins. I like this song better because of the catchier riffs, though. I just wish that the drums weren't mixed quite so loud...the blast parts start to drown the guitar out.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:54 AM »
The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque alley
I have, according to people of my generation, strange taste in music. I think they're high. 8) Cue the tape.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

• Vampire Hunter
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2011, 07:05:24 AM »
Someone asked me to recommend a cheesy 80s pop song to them, and I suggested this one. Pretty song. One of those ones that kind of sticks with you even if you don't listen to it regularly.  It's the kind you go back to after a long while and it hits you with some wistful feeling.

The Jets - You Got It All Over Him

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2011, 02:50:55 AM »
List'nin' to Fear Factory's Demanufacture album at the mome'. First time I've heard it in I don't know how many years. Still a rad album; bought this beeitch when I was 16. It was actually while driving home tonight (well, real early morning) along the same route coming home from the store those years back that triggered the desire, ha.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: