Castlevania goes to the future?

Castlevania
2 (50%)
Dracula
2 (50%)
Alucard
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Story for Castlevania for the next Gen systems. Fan story.  (Read 5452 times)

Cage137

Story for Castlevania for the next Gen systems. Fan story.
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
First off, I'm new to the forums. But everyone tells me about this forum, so I joined. So far, its amazing. Seeing all Castlevania enthusiasts. Feels like home :D  Anyway, lets get started
I'm a huge Castlevania fan. I've been a fan since the 1994. This series is perfect to me. From the music, to the gameplay. And Symphony of the night, is my favorite game of all time. But, as time went on,  I've always thought to myself. What if Castlevania goes  sci fi?  You know, like Deus Ex. No FPS :D I know it sounds silly. But would be awesome to see something new with the series. The game would be 2D, and the environment is 3D. Feel free to join or disagree if you want.  Thanks and peace out. Castlevania fanatics!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Story for Castlevania for the next Gen systems. Fan story.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »
Welcome to the forums Cage137. If you're not aware Castlevania has somewhat gone Sci-Fi. In Area of Sorrow you can get what's called the 'Positron Rifle'; An energy-based weapon. I, myself have several CV stories taking place in the future in my head, whilst I keep the Character sprites and other things pertaining to those ideas on my computer. I believe Sci-Fi can work so long as it's minimal in order for Castlevania to retain the qualities that make it as such. In essence what you want to do is bring the future to Castlevania rather then bring Castlevania to the future. A good example of this would be the fan project called 'Vamprotector'; a Castlevania/Contra hybrid. This game has the aspects of Castlevania retained but brings about a future setting and the war against the aliens as well. It's in the forums so you should check it out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »
Thanks for the shout out X. Warmachine and I are working hard to deliever a cool experience for fans. I just got finished reviewing Richter's Prologue stage just the other day. Asthetically things are done for him. Things are coming along at a steady pace. We are working now on all the character abilities so that the movement of the characters feel natural. Soon will will be working on the gun/item/whip combo system. We'll have some cool stuff to post real soon.
First off, I'm new to the forums. But everyone tells me about this forum, so I joined. So far, its amazing. Seeing all Castlevania enthusiasts. Feels like home :D  Anyway, lets get started
I'm a huge Castlevania fan. I've been a fan since the 1994. This series is perfect to me. From the music, to the gameplay. And Symphony of the night, is my favorite game of all time. But, as time went on,  I've always thought to myself. What if Castlevania goes  sci fi?  You know, like Deus Ex. No FPS :D I know it sounds silly. But would be awesome to see something new with the series. The game would be 2D, and the environment is 3D. Feel free to join or disagree if you want.  Thanks and peace out. Castlevania fanatics!
Greetings Cage: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3623.0.html

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »
iv'e always had an idea about an evil gothic castle springing up amidst a post apocalyptic setting (i think i saw it in an anime once) and now i've seen it in darkman and warmachine's project (awesome stuff) the art direction is mastered. i picture crumbling castle sections mixed amongst decaying urban locales, engulfed in overgrown vegitation (ivy crawling up walls) much like the depiction of new york in the video game "Enslaved". i want to start my own project from scratch with my original character, a priest with whip and sawed off based from julius belmont sprites - but using less energy weapons and more like a mad max style.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
It sounds like what you want to do is to bring in a little bit of Vampire Hunter D to Castlevania. That'll be interesting too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »
i have to go back and watch vampire hunter d, but it sounds like what i have i mind...

anything