Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Life of a Soldier, a new RPG Project  (Read 3614 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:37:58 AM »
Well, I'm gonna be honest, I'm putting Cv2 on indefinite hiatus until I gain the means and the will to conjure all of the resources again, but then again there are other Cv2 projects out there seeing completion.

Alas, I return to the only thing I can actually Program, RPGMaker.

The Life of a Soldier is a Game Currently in Conception, But I would like to share Ideas and get suggestions.

This Story will follow a Soldier from his climb of his ranks to the advents beyond Duty.

The Main Protagonist draws inspiration from Zack and Laguna (Final Fantasy) who against odds, remains positive, also later takes resemblance of his mentor, He uses a Sword and a Gun side arm

a Second Charactor Taken Inspiration from Shanoa is a young mage, who uses magic in the same manner as Dominous, but has he grows, his tatoo expands. He is pretty much Shanoa but with more Magic

I need some story suggestions and character suggestions, at the moment FF7 is very fresh in mind and all of my ideas orient from that source of inspiration

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: The Life of a Soldier, a new RPG Project
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:10:58 AM »
Life of a soldier, huh? Gotta have a conflict if that's your idea. Kinda reminds me of the original Tactics Ogre and Vandal Hearts, also based around conflicts between factions. But those are tactical RPGs.

You can always have the classic loyalty-betrayal-redemption story. Classic story of soldier-turned-renegade, friends-tunred-foes idea. We all know and love it. Alternately you can mix some dark elements and turn your hero into a spawn-style antihero. Also really cool.
Then there's the legacy of Kain style story where it's not clear who's good or bad, and it's all too complex and fucked-up. Another great story.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:46:21 AM »
Don't forget to throw some politics in there too. Politics is always apart of war and can help establish a very deep story arch.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
I'm curious to know about your ideas, kaz. Any progress?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
right now i'm dividing the game into story arcs
First being a rise to power when the main character gains repsect amongst his peers
Second is where the Hero Gets ambushed and wakes up with slight amnesia gaining memories as it progesses
Third is the Climax, where the decisions of the player ultimately determines many factors in this part

also, since i hate VX ace's shitty mapping system, I'm just gonna use premade images and layer them manually (kinda like the psx ff games)

Also the Battle system is hovering between Classic Side style (FF games), Mana/Zelda style, or a TBS system such as fire emblem.

Characters are a bit hard, I've drawn most of them down (no scanner atm) but no names for them yet, but I've also got a few cool Ideas for those who like Ruby (code)

An action based EXP system where base attacks give a base EXP, Critical Attacks are 1.3x, Weapon weakness 1.5x, elemental weakness 2.0x, and all added with a combo system that is .1x = combo so that experienced players would power level

with that there is a Skill master based on usage, a Weapon or mentor would teach you a weaker, incomplete version of the skill and upon usage, it adds and gets stronger (similar to Order Sol's attacks compared to regular sol) Bash  Ω would be a complete version of Bash α.

I'm officially gonna work on the game as of march (I get my new PC)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »
RPG Maker accepts Ruby now? I only used RPG Maker 2000 a few times years ago.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
RPG Maker accepts Ruby now? I only used RPG Maker 2000 a few times years ago.

since XP, I cannot recall if 2002 did or not though

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:41 AM »
for those who want a nostalgia rush I'm gonna include music from the following artists:
cornandbeans
ParagonX9
Dimrain47
Geoffry Gunn
NemesisTheory

and a few others...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »
Geofrrey Gunn? that seems awesome, I love the remixes that he does.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: