Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Asslevania game  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »
Asslevania: SOTB

Sexual Lobster, Rice Pirate and Johnny Utah from Newgrounds collaborated with deathink to make a Castlevania parody game that is almost as frustrating as the original.  The platforming kicks my ass.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:36:57 AM »
Were movement controls that are mapped half to WASD and half to the arrow keys intentionally designed to be awful?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »
Seems that way from what I've played. although I was still interested in playing it. If it had custom controller options then I'd be set.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:53:02 AM »
I couldnt do it. The controls were just too fucked up and I couldnt be assed to set up my controller just to try it again

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 04:28:30 PM »
If there was an option to reset the control, I'd be more interested.  As it is, I keep hitting the wrong buttons.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »
looks great but to put it in avgn way "what were they thinking when they mapped the keyboard controls?" seriously...

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 02:38:36 AM »
Up makes you jump
Down makes you dash FORWARD
Right uses your subweapon
Left is for your standard attack (which is actually pointed toward the right for at least the first few screens)
Hearts actually restore your health

WTF WERE THEY THINKING

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »
I didn't have any problems with the controls at all. Just neede a few moments to get used to having the movement controls on the left side of the keyboard.
Of course all of this is moot once I started up my Joy2Key.

I didn't have any issues with the main attack always facing right. Worked just fine for me.

This thing is a parody and it was amusing enough.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 07:50:24 AM »
You can easily get used to the control scheme, but that doesn't keep it from being a terrible one.

A few other interesting pointers:
- You can triple jump.
- There's a variation of Richter's slide kick.
- You can skip the beginning of the game. Falling all the way down and following the normal path simply brings you back to the top. You can double/triple jump onto the upper left ledge, and gain some time.
- There are no save points.  :-X
- Ghosts can't be killed (at least not as far as I know). They turn invisible and stop moving when you look at them. Green ghosts move much too fast.
- Alucard is waiting in the bottom of one of the rooms, behind a green wall. You can use your boomerang to scare him away.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 08:42:08 AM »
I still don't see what makes this so bad. The controls aside the game physics are tight. The level design is good. And the graphics are not bad for what they are.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 04:17:18 AM »
Just use xpadder to change the controls for a controller its pretty easy.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Tags:

anything