Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: October is around the corner...  (Read 10956 times)

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »
Since starting sometime in the spring and I will soon finish playing through all 2D Cv's except for MSX Vampire Killer, arcade Haunted Castle, that phone Order of Shadows, and haven't replayed with all the alternate characters in games.  I just gotta finish my replay of Order of Ecclesia.  I did heavily abuse use of save states in SNES Drac X and GB Cv Adventure and used them for a few other games.  But I beat most games on actual systems.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:04:16 PM by EisaKrieger »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 10:35:50 PM »
Probably Aria, since I went back and replayed the other 2 GBA games a while back. Maybe Bloodlines, too, since that one is always fun. I could always have a go at Kid Dracula (only played it to make sure it worked).

Beyond that, I'll probably round the rest of the month out with horror games. Like maybe Amnesia, Personal Nightmare...some stuff that's just sitting on my Steam/GOG accounts that I haven't gotten to yet.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 10:40:59 PM »
+3
I just charged my psp and I'm thinking some dxc

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
Finished my replay of Ecclesia.  Maybe I'll finish reading the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova in the next couple weeks.  At just about the midpoint now.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »
Have you read Stoker's Manuscript, written by Royce Prouty? I didn't enjoy it as much as The Historian but I still do recommend it. It's written in the same vein with a somewhat similar plot.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
I've started a bunch of runs in various CV games but haven't finished them, so maybe that'll be what I do this month in between playing BlazBlue CP and Catherine with my gf. I'm in the middle of a Richter run in SoTN (and actually I think I had a Maria run I didn't finish so I should get to that) as well as being in the Castle Center in CV64. LOVE that game, I still think those are the best 3D CV games even if they have their rough spots.

I was playing Splatterhouse a bunch last year too.

I popped "Symphony of the Night" into my Playstation and started a new game, a Luck Mode run. This time I decided to see if I could cheat death and I did, for the first time! It wasn't that hard, I just jumped over the third Warg in the room before, unequipped everything, and jumped into his face. It's so nice to play with the Alucard equipment right from the top! It does kind of kill the already forgiving difficulty, but it makes it easier to explore.

IMO Luck Mode is the best way to play SoTN, especially if you sandbag against Drac in the beginning and don't get the good stats. Keeps the game challenging for a bit longer and it's kind of nice not to be able to tank with Alucard, especially against some of the early bosses.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:08:12 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »
Well, eh, I saw Dracula Untold with my dad last friday (my wife didn´t like such movies), so that´s the way I start my October :).

I haven´t play too much Castlevania lately. The last week I played and ended Megaman 5, 4 and 6, in that order. I failed in Megaman 3, but maybe is the fact that I want to play something different at the time. The past weekend I played the LoS 2 demo. I really want to buy the game, but I expect that the price is lower soon (I waited for Arkham Origins and I buyed it for $19.99 with Season Pass included ;D).

In the October scenario, I played this week Lollipop Chainsaw 8). I just ended this morning, and I liked a lot (specially the music).

For Castlevania in the next days, I planed to play the Dracula´s Battle from Curse of Darkness, and then start a new game, only to see the story and play and hear Abandonned Castle :D.

Maybe I see Braham Stoker´s Dracula movie again...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:05:56 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »
I think I'll stick with just having a birthday and a baby ;-P  Maybe some Gauntlet if I can fit it in.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »
I have read a bunch of Lafcadio Hearn's Japanese ghost stories.
They are free on gutenberg or on ibooks

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 02:41:49 AM »
Finished my replay of Ecclesia.  Maybe I'll finish reading the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova in the next couple weeks.  At just about the midpoint now.

I'm currently on a re-read of The Historian myself.  It's a wonderful book.

Have you read Stoker's Manuscript, written by Royce Prouty? I didn't enjoy it as much as The Historian but I still do recommend it. It's written in the same vein with a somewhat similar plot.

I might have to check this one out as well.

I wish that I could finish Vlad: The Last Confession, I've recently tried to go back to it, but am just finding it a bit slow.  Next week, Anne Rice's return to The Vampire Chronicles, Prince Lestat, is out, so I'll pick up a copy of that.  I'm also re-playing LoS2, and am up to Carmilla's actual boss fight.  I really fancy revisiiting Aria at some point, if I have the time.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 05:08:02 AM »
Probably do a run of the GBA titles.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »
Playing Mirror of Fate right now but for the halloween day i´m planning a Pumpkin walkthrough in Lament of Innocence.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
That's a good idea!  I think I'm gonna do that now!  I don't know what anyone else thought of him, but I LOVED Pumpkin!  Even the constant squeaking as he walked...it was hilarious!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 10:08:39 AM »
Maybe finish my Albus in Hard Mode run.... nahhh, its very difficult to me now, maybe after lol

I plan to play some CV game soon, but Im not sure about which one (I know it will not be a game with 3D gameplay)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 11:21:02 AM »
I've started getting into streaming stuff. Maybe I should consider a Halloween stream of some Castlevanias? Does that sound like it would interest anyone?

Just to be clear I'm not particularly great in general at Castlevania games (at least the old tough ones). Don't expect power play. But I could at least talk to you guys while doing so.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:23:04 AM by uzo »

Tags: