Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274844 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »
This may seem like a silly question, and I'm not trying to be rude.. But I am just wondering why so many people are trying to remake Dracula's Curse. If you look on YouTube there are a bunch of different people's versions. I am just wondering why this particular game? And why when so many others are trying to do the same thing?

I am just wondering what has possessed so many people to attempt this. And I know it has to be more than just the convenience of the Trevor sprite from SOTN.
Maybe because the game is just awesome! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
+1
OK, Sypha sprite, first approach. Whick one would you pick?

Or suggest another pose.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
The first and third look cool, but the colors for the 2nd are pretty interesting. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »
2 and 3 have the best balance. I really like 3's.

Color wise, the 2nd is interesting but the others have much better contrast. Worth exploring alternates at the very least.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2013, 02:21:14 AM »
I love the second one, but the third has more details?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2013, 04:28:42 AM »

Or suggest another pose.
Dude, the 3rd one looks VERY nice!  Keep up the awesome work man!  8) I took a small break from the coding yesterday and wanted to crank out a new jam.  This will be the tune that is played when you fight drac's final form, similar to how simon's theme kicks in on SCV4 when you are on the second half of drac's fight.  Now, after i finished this jam, i really got some awesome inspiration on how i want the last fight to go so i started working on drac's final form and how its set up and it is friggin awesome! of course, i can't share that one with you guys, its the ending 8) but i CAN leave you with this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/e9fxwvoft05ce4c/Belmont%27s%20Awakening%20-%20Dont%20Wait%20Until%20Night.mp3

Kaonstantine, thanks again dude, Sypha looks great!!! 8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2013, 08:46:14 AM »

Or suggest another pose.

Yummy. I am really digging the colors of 2. But if you are looking for it to match the original 3 is the way to go! Very, very nice!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »
I really like 3. I'd avoid using 4 due to the fact that Sypha's supposed to have her head covered. I also like the colorations for 2. Can you find a color contrast in between the dark blue and the light blue? Something that put it more to Sypha's SotN color but have it toned to give it a more natural look.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
I love the second one, but the third has more details?

2 is my favorite too, and yes, 3 has more detail. I'm glad you liked the sprite, guys. War Machine, the new tune sounds cool,  perfect for fighting Dracula!

I really like 3. I'd avoid using 4 due to the fact that Sypha's supposed to have her head covered. I also like the colorations for 2. Can you find a color contrast in between the dark blue and the light blue? Something that put it more to Sypha's SotN color but have it toned to give it a more natural look.

Not sure what you mean by natural look, but added a new color for 3, which is the most voted 8). Now, i have more questions:

Will she run or walk ?

How should she move, considering the big staff in her hands?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »
2 for sure. But, did you ever think of having Sypha hold the staff horizontally with both hands when not in use for an idea pose? Maybe when Sypha begins to run you can make an animation where Sypha makes the Staff disappears and it reappears when a special attack is performed...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:21:20 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
2 is my favorite too, and yes, 3 has more detail. I'm glad you liked the sprite, guys. War Machine, the new tune sounds cool,  perfect for fighting Dracula!

Not sure what you mean by natural look, but added a new color for 3, which is the most voted 8). Now, i have more questions:

Will she run or walk ?

DOH! my bad, post below
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:50:52 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »

Will she run or walk ?

Dude those look amazing!  And thanks for the tune btw 8).  I would rather she walked, as it is now Alucard is the only one that runs and she is going to be the weak in strength strong in magic styled character so i say walking would fit nicely:) maybe with the staff you could try like Darkman mentioned and have it appear for melee/spell casting but if that's a wicked chore then if she were to walk with it i think it would look good either vertical, shifting as she walks or even horizontal as well.  Im not picky dude lol, it looks amazing so far!  Thanks again!  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »
I'm liking number 3 image of Sypha's coloring! Perfect! That just the right blue color for her.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2013, 12:49:36 AM »
Dude those look amazing!  And thanks for the tune btw 8).  I would rather she walked, as it is now Alucard is the only one that runs and she is going to be the weak in strength strong in magic styled character so i say walking would fit nicely:) maybe with the staff you could try like Darkman mentioned and have it appear for melee/spell casting but if that's a wicked chore then if she were to walk with it i think it would look good either vertical, shifting as she walks or even horizontal as well.  Im not picky dude lol, it looks amazing so far!  Thanks again!  8)

I tried to picture her holding the staff with two hands as darkmanx said, but I felt the walking would look strange, more like a soldier holding a rifle. The appear/disappear animation is nice idea, but it involves more work. So I decided to make her walk with the staff... well, not yet. I have only completed the walk cycle, i still need to add the staff (right hand). What kind of staff fits her best? Wooden staff or metal staff?

This is how she looks so far.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2013, 03:30:10 AM »
Pretty cool. However, Kaonstantine, I have to confess that IMO, these Sypha sprites look kind of...well, masculine. I'm actually not sure if that's your intention, because in the original CV3 Sypha's gender was left ambiguous and unrevealed till the end. If you're going for that, this is very good, but if not, you may want to keep in mind that she looks a bit manly...at least IMO. u_u

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: